Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested, hierarchal keywording | Adobe Bridge | Query

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to create nested hierarchal keywording in Adobe Bridge but having some difficulty. I want to create a keyword list in Excel and then import it into Bridge. So far I have only done a few lines of text in the Excel sheet for testing purposes, I have enclosed the Excel sheet that I have created herewith. And also the Tab-delimited Text (.txt) file I have saved from the Excel sheet. My problem which you can see in the attached screenshot, is I am not getting the england photography; paul andrew crutchley photography; into Bridge. I am obviously doing something wrong but unfortunately, I can't see it. Can anyone help me please and let me know how I need to create my Excel sheet to import into Bridge correctly, thank you.

Best regards Paul

TOPICS
Keywords

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Try this, delete all your added keywords and let Bridge load the default set. Export that and look at the format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Please try the following text file.

Keywords grouping is based on tab indentation.

How it works:

Consider the e.g. of keywords in the following screenshot:

[1 - PAC PHOTOGRAPHY WALSALL] has 1 sub keyword "1 -1.1 PAC PHOTOGRAPHY DESCRIPTIVE KEYWORDS" which has tab indent one more than [1 - PAC PHOTOGRAPHY WALSALL]. 

"1 -1.1 PAC PHOTOGRAPHY DESCRIPTIVE KEYWORDS" has  3 sub keywords which have tab indents one more than "1 -1.1 PAC PHOTOGRAPHY DESCRIPTIVE KEYWORDS"

[1 - PAC PHOTOGRAPHY WALSALL

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. We are able to reproduce the issue on our end. Meanwhile, to unblock your workflow,  you can create a tab-indented text file like I shared "Sample_Keyword.txt". You can avoid unnecessary tabs after each keyword and add an extra new line after the final keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your help.

Best regards Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

I have just imported the text file you gave me into Bridge and it doesn't appear to work. What I am getting is as per the attached screenshot.

Best regards Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I get it correctly, you want the result as shown in the following screenshot. Also, from the screenshot you shared, could you please click on the collapsed arrow icon left to "capturing that ltd edition moment;" keyword to expand your keywords view and see if the final 2 keywords are properly imported? I tried with the file I shared with you and the result is as shown in the following screenshot.

RahulSaraogi_1-1668781253164.png

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rAHUL,

I want the keywords to be below one another

capturing that ltd edition moment;

england photography;

paul andrew crutchley photography;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following text file.

Keywords grouping is based on tab indentation.

How it works:

Consider the e.g. of keywords in the following screenshot:

[1 - PAC PHOTOGRAPHY WALSALL] has 1 sub keyword "1 -1.1 PAC PHOTOGRAPHY DESCRIPTIVE KEYWORDS" which has tab indent one more than [1 - PAC PHOTOGRAPHY WALSALL]. 

"1 -1.1 PAC PHOTOGRAPHY DESCRIPTIVE KEYWORDS" has  3 sub keywords which have tab indents one more than "1 -1.1 PAC PHOTOGRAPHY DESCRIPTIVE KEYWORDS"

[1 - PAC PHOTOGRAPHY WALSALL] has 0 tab

1 -1.1 PAC PHOTOGRAPHY DESCRIPTIVE KEYWORDS has 1 tab

capturing that ltd edition moment; , england photography; , paul andrew crutchley photography; has 2 tabs

similarly, you can create more keywords, subkeywords entries. Please take care of the tab indentations

RahulSaraogi_0-1668790546257.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul,

Thank you for your help, got it now.

Best regards Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just exported my existing list of keywords, deleted the keywords file, and then imported them all back in and it worked correctly. Follow the export format exactly and you should be fine. I have nested hierarchical keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, could you screenshot part of your list so I can see how it is organized, so I can see how to organize mine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this, delete all your added keywords and let Bridge load the default set. Export that and look at the format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is a great idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630). This update includes the fix for this issue. Also, this Beta release includes several bug fixes done in the 13.0.1 public release. For details, see Fixed issues.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines