• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New .acr file after update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I updated Camera raw to v14 and Bridge to v12; after editing a raw file now I obtain the usual .xmp file and a new .acr file.  The first one is hidden (as in the past), the second one is visible instead in Bridge windows (filmstrip, etc.).

Is there a new feature/option? Am I doing something wrong? In all these years I obtained only my raw+xmp files.

Thank you Luigi

TOPICS
Camera RAW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to solve. Its by design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, design if another file is generated when editing, apart from the .xmp, it could generate 20 more files when editing a photo, it is not design, that is a real burden of external files!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you are not doing anything wrong, it is that Adobe now puts another file for us when editing, apart from that .xmp, which is, it is a real mess to have two extra files and nothing clean for our folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe It seems like the .ACR file contains the pixel versions of previously generated AI masks (Select Subject/Sky) so they don't have to be recalculated each time you open a raw file with previous AI masking elements. So it is needed to be there in an extra .acr file apart from the .xml, that is how they have designed it, generating more dirt in the folders of our computers, something with which I do not agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've been offered the solution for this non-problem, which is use DNG. Otherwise it is what it is, data has to be stored somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to add here that there are many things about Bridge that are truly broken or only half-working. To be pounding away on this very trivial issue seems very strange. 

Lumigraphis and I have been trying very hard to help you get past this issue. I, for one, will get back to putting my energy to help those who really need help. As Lumigraphics has said, it's not broken, it's working the way it's supposed to, and there is a solution if you do not like sidecar files. 

Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines