Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Bridge default is move NOT copy

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded the latest Bridge upadate 13.0.0.562.  When copying from a card connected via a card reader to an external drive in Bridge the default between two different locations was always 'copy'.  Now, it seems to be move.  Once I moved the files I accidentally hit the undo shortcut on my mac and it got rid of all the files I had just moved so then they were no longer on the card or the external drive.  They had just disappeared (not in my trash either).  

Is there any way to change this dangerous default?

Mac 12.6

Bridge 13.0.0.562

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I already wrote about it. It's awful. You can see my post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-2023-external-drive-move-instead-of-copy-fr...

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shlomit, Adobe never responded to this?  Did you report the bug to them?  It's a pretty big bug that deletes images, probably one of the most egrigous problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Adobe hasn't bothered to respond!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is apparently a bug. Its been reported enough times that Adobe is aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rahul Saraogi Hello,

I will not install Bridge 23 until New Window is back as I can't work without it. 

all the best,

Shlomit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines