• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oh no - I chose Bridge 2021 update

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I might uninstall Bridge 2021.  There are far too many issues in the last few minutes and this computer has hung more often than it has since owning it.  

Bridge 2021 should not:

cause a system wide slow down because it is resolving some issues

do everything slower than it has in the last 10 years or so

depend upon Creative Cloud login merely to get Bridge 2021 working

I will be patient with it for a while but it looks as if alternative ways of doing things might be better merely because it avoids the Adobe induced hang on smooth computer operability.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

It doesn't cost anything to have and use Bridge and ACC but you need to have ACC running to use Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS? Laptop or desktop? Computer specs?

Bridge crashes? or does it slow down.

Your painting things with a very large brush . 

You don't need to install Bridge to use the rest of ACC.

Can you be a little bit more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it has takn me so long to reply - I use that machine from time to time.

I aim to uninstall and reinstall Bridge as a standalone app - fingers crossed this will go smoothly.

It is an all-in-one desktop machine running Windows 10 with recent updates and previous version of Bridge without other ACC apps worled reasonably fine doing all I required from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - I uninstalled Bridge, uninstalled ACC and am trying to install Bridge as a standalone app but ... it seems Bridge install is snagged into ACC desktop.  Is there anyway to install Bridge as a standalone app free from ACC desktop?  Maybe even a way to revert back to the previous version of Bridge?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had hoped Bridge retained its previous ease of use maybe along lines of Photoshop Lite and other apps at non-professional user level.  Maybe I should send in a product/enhancement request?  Of course, I may have used the wrong methods to install Bridge but it seems I cannot have it running without ACC desktop running and signed in.

ADOBE001A1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't cost anything to have and use Bridge and ACC but you need to have ACC running to use Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary - I appreciate the affirmation that ACC is a pre-requisite. 

I suppose the ACC demand on Bridge needs a universal do-all app like what Bridge has become

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, its BS marketing ploy to get you to sign up for more apps.

They should make it clearer. They don't. But the tie in is rather obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to force quite the finder, restart bridge (shift, option command from Start) more than once. The problem? It wouldn't show the Preference at all. It literally took more than four attempts to get Preferences back to be able to set up the Filmstrip and other items the way I used to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am right there with you, Bridge 2021 sure did come with a lot of issues. 

it has crashed my system 3 time today.  I have also had to Force close so many times it's not funny. Wish there was someone that could read the crash report and tell me what is going on. 

may just quit trying to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines