Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panels Disappear when minimizing Bridge 9.1.0.338 - Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Bridge 9.1.0.338 on Windows 10 1809:

The error occurs when I minimize Bridge whether it is fullscreen or not, and then bring it back to view, the panels on the left and right sides disappear. Here is a screen capture of the error: Adobe Bridge Bridge 9.1.0.338 Panels Error on VimeoThe error does not occur on the previous version and does not happen when I revert back to the previous version of Bridge.

Anyone else having this error?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume yes.

But I would assume its going to take time.

It happens to a small subset of systems out there.

Care needs to be taken not to break something else.

Not what you want to hear, but we can only hope it gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem with the latest Bridge 11.0.0.83

HP Zbook 15 G5 w/ HP 27er monitor

Windows 10 latest build 10/25/20

Even a keyboard shortcut for reset temporarily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the problem Roberto,

I was just coming in to say that the latest update seems to have fixed the problem for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you just jinxed yourself ....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, maybe, I just realized that I never checked it on my laptop either...oops.

So yeah, just tested my laptop and the problem still exists there.Everything updated...

For reference, my laptop is Lenovo P1 Gen2 [15.6"/4k]. Desktop monitor is a Lenovo P32u-10 [32"/4K]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe this is a issue with the workspacce UI as it scales down to 15" monitors and smaller.

The fact that he has a secondary monitor is probably mute.

Matter of fact if he could check to see if it happens without the monitor connected.

I have two Dell laptops a 13" and a 15" and both have the same issue.

I know someone who has a 15" Leveno laptop and it happens to him.

Could be the re write of the manufacturers video driver not sure.

Have not had time to check this latest release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem on my fully updated XPS 13 from Dell (3840x2440 resolution). Adobe, why don't you buy one of these computers and just try it?

All I have to do is minimize bridge and then maximize it and my sidebar minimizes to the side.  In my case, it is only the left side panel. 

bridge version is 11.0.0.83

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me both the panels on left and right in the default essentials view close. My current workaround is to not minimize, I just alt/tab between apps and I'm ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening with the latest Bridge update (11.0.1.19)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Bridge is pretty much useless as it resets the workspace everytime you move between apps. Resetting doesn't help at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably will not get fixed.

Manufacturer laptop drivers are mainly to blame.

Can't you save a workspace UI and then when it does happen just select the workspace UI you use all the time?

BTW as noted:

I have two Dell laptops a 13" and a 15" and both have the same issue.

I know someone who has a 15" Leveno laptop and it happens to him.

Could be the re write of the manufacturers video driver not sure.

Have not had time to check this latest release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually just selecting the saved workspace doesn't help. It hides all panels within that selected workspace and "reset workspace" is what brings my own workspace back. So if there was a possibility to have keyboard shortcut for "reset workspace" it could almost solve the problem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does F5 work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Only "Window --> Workspace --> Reset workspace"  does the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug still exists. Adobe Bridge 11.1.1.185. Laptop DELL XPS 13 3200x1800. Side panels collapse after restoring minimized Bridge window. Tab key restores them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for over a year. I have been searching for fix. I only recently came across this string showing others with the same problem. I did the reset of the Workspace several times but it is annoying to fix my settings. I found that I can drag the panels from the left and right to put them back in place. But they disappear every time I go back to the app when I am not using it for a few minutes. Hopefully Adobe finds a solution soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for over a year. After the latest update it was fixed. Then today while using photoshop, photoshop crashed because of GPU error. I had bridge open at the time and when maximized the problem was back. SO FRUSTRATING. Also, I import my photos with bridge and it used to remember my settings. It would have my last save location for import. Now it forgets and I have to do it every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the lastest version today after a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop. The problem still exists on my end...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify one thing on my problem. The panels don't actually disappear. What happens is the content panel expands and covers everything else. If I go to the edge on either side I can pull the panel edges and the other panels are under it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is correct.  They shrink on both sides.   I can drag them out again.  Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines