• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Downloader does not retain settings

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Photo Downloader to import files from my SD Card I have to change the settings every single time I want to import files again. This is very annoying and time consuming.
Why can't you make it like lightrooms import function where it retains all import settings...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is extremely annoying when shooting a huge high-speed event with constant downloads into a specific folder, NOT "pictures" .

This is so amateur.

Adobe please tell me how to set the Bridge Downloader so it remains on the folder I choose for subsequent downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine DO stick. All is well. This is probably a permissions issue. I'm on Mac OS Catalina,

Bridge version 11.0.0.83;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, this is a problem for me because it delete also the setting of the file rename.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find THIS elsewhere on the Forums:

“Bridge Photo Downloader does not retain settings:

I’m using Adobe Bridge CC 2019 ver. 9.0.2.219…

Adobe Community ProfessionalHere’s what I did to get preferences back (note this is for Windows 10; For Mac:
  • (On a Mac, the location is here: /Users/[You]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/…)
  • On Windows 10, in Windows Explorer, go to:C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe(If you don’t see it, the AppData folder is hidden by default, because companies like Microsoft don’t think you should see it to rectify a problem and you’re dumb. Use View > Hidden Items on Explorer’s menu bar to see it.)Create a folder named, “Bridge CC 2019” (without the quotes, of course) in the Adobe folder. And that’s it. Try and launch Photo Downloader. Change some settings, download some images and exit. Then try it again to see if your settings stuck.What I surmised is that the code for Bridge CC 2020/21 is maybe trying to point at the Bridge CC 2019 folder for its “APDPreferences.xml” file, which the Photo Downloader needs to reference for saved settings. If you noticed, after noodling around in Photo Downloader, the APDPreferences.xml file is created in the empty Bridge CC 2019 folder we made earlier.

Soooo…yay! It’s working again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!

Now works, but Bridge decharge also many files from the SD and, each time, I have to reset it with my Sony A7rII.

I am not happy of this situation.....

I suppose that next time I shall use Capture One for this work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some updates: 
For MAC the location noted is not exactly correct. User/[you]/application support/library adobe
Your system may ask for your password in order to create a new folder. 
In both systems, you will need to download at least once image or these settings will not stick. You can't set up all your parameters and click "cancel." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines