• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNGs are missing preview

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I understand what I'm doing being a Programmer and I went through all the setting and post online talking about this issue. All Jpegs, gifs and so on are showing the thumbnail correctly however all my pngs aren't showing any thumbnails nor the image on the right when I click on it. I am using Irfan view as the way to open all my pngs and jpegs. These images are not in some protected folder and many of the images are very small. I also didn't touch any settings in Edit>Preferences> Cache/ Cahce Management/ Thumbnails.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: In Adobe Bridge, and yes there are previews in my file explorer.

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Epicrex,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you share more details about the system and Bridge version you are using. 

Regards,

BridgeTeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the issue with Bridge 14.0.0.102, macOS Sonoma, 2021 MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing the cache in that specific folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is a tad old, but I have run into the same issue of .png's not previewing in Bridge. I'm on version 11.1.0.175, iMac 27 5K, 32 GB DDR 3 RAM, 4 GHz Quad Core i7, R9 M395x 4 GB, Big Sur 11.5.1. I'm not exactly sure when I lost the previews as I stopped using Bridge for a while, but with the massive improvements to it this year I've returned to it. However, this is one fairly serious glitch that needs addressing. FYI, per @jbm007 I did purge my cache but that didn't solve the issue. Hopefully we can find a fix to this. Oh yes, the preview does appear in Finder with no issues.

Thanks.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you share if you are facing issue with other file formats as well?

Please share the sample files on which you are facing issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com 

Regards,

BridgeTeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi knirmalkr

This may be a false alarm in my case. I opened the .png file that wouldn't render in Bridge and saved it as a JPEG. However, I noticed then I had several other .png files in that folder and they were rendering. So I made a "layered" .png file this morning and placed it into  folder then checked Bridge to see if it would render, and it did. So I now suspect the one that wouldn't render may have been corrupted in some way yet was still able to open in Photoshop. Other .png files seem to be rendering fine. As such (and I was going to do this by Friday anyway), I'd like to withdraw my report here. I think this now, at least on my setup, is no longer an issue. In fact, I'm extremely pleased with how Bridge is performing now and I've gone from never using it, to always using it.

One question I do have is can you please provide me with a link to the Feature Request forum for Bridge? There is one change I'd like to see and I think it would benefit a lot of people. Many thanks again 🙂 .

Thanks for your reply @krnirmalkr . Appreciate your time.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines