• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pop up menu on Batch rename stop to work but everything else does

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Here my first post. I have a problem here who looks really weird. I need to rename some files on Bridge and for some unknown reason, the menu inside of the Batch rename doesn't open . It's highlighted in blue when you "mouse over" but the pop up doesn't open. I already tried both 11 and 12 versions and deleted the preferences already but nothing works. everything else works , it's just this tiny bug who make me loose a lot of time manually  rename files. I have a AMD and RTX so maybe some incompatibility  are running over the new updates . If someone had the same problem and did something different let me know

Again I tried an old version and cleaned the preferences.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Batch , Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Escape Velocity,

On my Mac I'm not having this issue (but that doesn't mean that you are not). As such I cannot provide suggestions on how to fix this because I have nothing to test with.

However, two suggestions in the meantime till this is fixed: Have you tried to use an earlier version of Bridge to do the renaming? Please try that.

If that doesn't work, than try this:

In the first thumbnail, write out the new name as you want it and then copy that up to the number (assuming you want sequential numbers). It would look like this:

my-image_001.jpg

I'm also going to assume you have less than 100 images but still want a leading "0," so copy this much:

my-image_0

Now, tap the Tab key and this will (should) take you to the next image AND HAVE THE NAME ALREADY SELECTED (but not the suffix. So you then Paste the name you have and provide the next number

my-image_001(.jpg)

So for the rest of the numbers, it's tab, paste, add number,

tab, paste, add number

I will be the first to agree with you that this is not as good as the Basic Rename tool, but in the meantime, until this is fixed, it's faster than constantly trying to select the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Gary!

Yes Im tried the previous one and doesn't work!

Your method is better than write down the entire name again and yes i do this most of the time .I work with animations, so basically 100 images is something pretty usual for me... I can rename direct from After Effects and other 3d softwares like Houdini but it's pretty annoying to fix some old rendered files. I can generate a non reactive actions on photoshop like open and save but unless i got some uncrompressed files like tiff or EXR i will probably recompress the files and probably loose something in between when save again png files...maybe...

Anyway... Thx for try to help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please share the sytem configuration (OS version and other details)

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Pankajg!

I'm using windows 10 pro (10.019043 ) on AMD threadripper pro 3975 with 128 megabytes of RAM. So processing power and memory space is not a problem. bridge is now 12.0.1 . It's fully updated  , windows and bridge.

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we are able to reproduce the issue. Team is investigating the same.

As a workaround, you can use the arrow keys to select the options from drop down or you can reduce the screen/display resolution.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Escape_Velocity
This issue is fixed in the latest Bridge release (version 12.0.2)  that is available today.
Do update to the latest available version.
Find more details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html#may-2022

Thank you for your patience.
-Subbi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested in 12.0.2.

Works very well.

Thanks to the Bridge Team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works on my AMD!

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines