• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview is not displaying

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I click on a photo to see it in the preview pane, it would display the photo momentarly and then dissapear. It does it for multiple file types: raw, jpg, and mp4. I have reinstalled bridge and the whole adobe suite. I have also purged all cache. 

Bridge version 13.03.693

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

I solved my issue!

I believe this issue was caused when I changed the target location of my Pictures folder (The one that comes default with Windows) to the new drive that I installed "P:" This caused the Pictures folder to be renamed "P:"

Since I had two files that were the same name, I believe it confused Bridge and it was causing the issue that I was having. 

I have restored the default target location of the windows picture folder and now the Preview Pane is working properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, a strange one.

Some extra questions: what version of ACR is installed? 

What is your OS (and what release)?

Have you refreshed both Bridge's and ACR's Preferences?

To reset Bridge's Preferences:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt-Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache,” and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS*) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks, "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

*On Ventura, it is now called "Settings".  

Let us know if either/both of these do anything to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on ACR version 15.2

Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2

I just reset both preferences for Bridge and Raw with no luck.

This started happening after I added an additional SSD drive (P:), which is where I put all of my photos.

Another weird thing that is happening is when I go to "Content: This PC" Pane, the drive that I added (P:) keeps adding being added. 

E29166275rcpt_0-1680210199742.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that only photos on the new drive (P:) is affected with the momentary previews. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my issue!

I believe this issue was caused when I changed the target location of my Pictures folder (The one that comes default with Windows) to the new drive that I installed "P:" This caused the Pictures folder to be renamed "P:"

Since I had two files that were the same name, I believe it confused Bridge and it was causing the issue that I was having. 

I have restored the default target location of the windows picture folder and now the Preview Pane is working properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good job!! As a Windows nincompoop, I never could have solved that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines