• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem renaming files. Bridge will not accept names that are pasted into the file.

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am copy/pasting names provided by a client into thumbnails in Adobe Bridge.

Every so often, Bridge refuses to accept a file name and I get the following message:

"This file cannot be renamed (my file name) because the name contains characters reserved by the system. Please choose a different name."

The only characters in the names are letters (upper and lower case), numbers and underscores. Nothing else.

What's more, if I type in the name (instead of pasting it) Bridge accepts the name. Finally, if I reboot Bridge, it accepts the pasted names for a few files and then the problem starts again.

Looks like a bug to me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

D.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dinarius ,
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • System configuration
  • File Names for which this issue occured.

Please share the video recording of the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The problem has gone away. It may have been related to the way I was copying file names from a Word document. If I click on the filename to highlight it and then copy it, I have a problem. But, if I drag the cursor across the name and then copy it, I have no problem.

Thanks.

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines