• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"device is not connected or is busy" When Deleting Images from Phone

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've successfully uploaded all the images from my iPhone 7 to my computer via Bridge, but when it asks if I'd like the originals to be deleted, and I click Yes, I get this error: "Device is not connected or is busy". I thought maybe it was because my phone was locked, so I tried it again, ensuring it was unlocked and not doing anything, and I still got the error. I can't find any help for this online. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Hi Dark Sunlight,

Personally I do not like have other applications delete files on my phone, and FWIW, it's a very bad idea to have secondary applications delete images from camera storage cards.

I format (erase) camera storage cards within the camera and if I want to delete files in my phone I do that manually IN THE PHONE image -by-image. There's always an image here or there that I want to keep in the phone and this way I KNOW that the images I'm deleting are the ones I want deleted.

Let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dark sunlight,

As you are getting the error "Device is not connected or is busy", have you tried reinstalling Adobe Bridge?

Please tell us which version of Bridge you are using?

Please let us know if reinstalling help.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am using Bridge CC 2017. I'm not sure how to uninstall/reinstall CC programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dark Sunlight,

Personally I do not like have other applications delete files on my phone, and FWIW, it's a very bad idea to have secondary applications delete images from camera storage cards.

I format (erase) camera storage cards within the camera and if I want to delete files in my phone I do that manually IN THE PHONE image -by-image. There's always an image here or there that I want to keep in the phone and this way I KNOW that the images I'm deleting are the ones I want deleted.

Let me know if this helps,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Gary, your point is totally valid, and sometimes I do the same, but I know for a fact that I want to delete all the images from my phone. Although I could do this within the phone itself, it doesn't negate the fact that Bridge is still working incorrectly. I'd like to fix the error itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines