• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotation in Bridge does not carry to Photoshop

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge, if I rotate the image (jpeg), it will not open rotated that way in Photoshop.  I've done this before and it's suddenly not working (likely since 2020 update).  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

alright- I started to do what you had suggested with no change, then wondered if it was a photoshop issue rather than a bridge issue.  i reset my photoshop settings file or whatever the dialog suggested and it seemed to fix the issue!  Thanks for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrshoffu,

Well it certainly should. Have you tried rebuilding your prefereces?

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Let us know if that solves the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did as you suggested- twice- and no change.  It certainly seems to be some metadata issue and I'm just not sure of next steps.  I've adjusted my workflow, but obv to see a rotated image only to have it not actually rotated is not ideal.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right, sorry that the obvious didn't work.

Care to try some more investigation?

Experiment 1: Rotate some images, close the folder and reopen the folder. What is there status?

Experiment 2: Rotate some images, Quit and reopen Bridge. What is there status?

Experiment 3: Rotate some images with the rotation icon, then do the above two experiements. What is there status?

Experiment 4: Rotate some images with key commands (Shift-Option-[ & ]), then do the above two experiements. What is there status?

What I'm trying to do is to test within Bridge if the change is only visual but the image has not really rotated or (at least) Bridge sees the images as rotated. If Bridge fails in any of these experiements, than we know that the problem is Bridge and it's not as if Bridge correctly rotated the images but PS is not reading the data correctly.

Thanks for your patience on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright- I started to do what you had suggested with no change, then wondered if it was a photoshop issue rather than a bridge issue.  i reset my photoshop settings file or whatever the dialog suggested and it seemed to fix the issue!  Thanks for your help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woohooo! 

Glad you were able to figure it out. Congrats!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines