• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search function in Adobe Bridge2022 does not work

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant get the find function in Bridge2022 (ver 12.0.1.246) to work. The pull down menues are locked so building criteria for searching is not available.
My computer runs Windows 11 (pro) with 32 GB ram. I was in contact with Adobe agent and he opened a remote session but he could not find anything.

/Bertil

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been reported already.  Seems to be affecting the Batch Rename function too.  Someone here will tell you to reset your preferences, or to roll back to the earlier version.  Not much else forthcoming from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx Stephen.

Where can I find a working Bridge. I used to run CS5 with the included Bridge application. But that version is far to old to roll back to 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use Creative Cloud App to roll back.  Select the elipsis symbol beside the app you want to roll back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it doesn't help as much, I have the same problem. Hopefully there is a bug fix in the new release.
If anyone had a solution, please let me know.

Chears

Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Batch rename and search works fine here.

Some people have had to reset their preferences, some pople have had to reinstall.

Given its a windows OS and its registry is easly corruptable, sometimes a uninstall, reboot and reinstall fixes the problem.

Windows 11 OS pro 64 GB ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no jbm007.  Try the advanced search function using CTRL-F and see if the drop-down menu works for any of the criteria fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I've just uninstalled Bridge. Photoshop, and Lightroom, and then rebooted and reinstalled all three and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this 2 mo after installing the latest version of Bridge. It worked for about a month and now doesn't work at all. Now I am back to clicking on Finder and searching from there. It works fine but seems unfair that the "sort by filename" finder option no longer works. It was an asset that I used 100 times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CRL+F doesn't help. I also deinstalled CC and reinstalled again. No luck:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I get using cntrl + F

Also

Did you install Bridge first? Then PS, then LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I installed PS, then Bridge and then LR.  I did say beside the criteria field, didn't I?  Not the location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uninstalled all three again and just reinstalled only Bridge.  Did not import preferences either, and the problem persists.  Installing PS and LR and PS Express now as well.  The problem will still be there like yesterday.  The drop-downs don't work in Batch Rename either.  It's an Adobe Bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its an Adobe/Windows bug on your machine.

Try removing Bridge using the ACC uninstaller.

Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

See if you can get a copy of ccleaner and run the registry cleaner.

Download CCleaner | Clean, optimize & tune up your PC, free! Get the free version.

Chances are you are are running into a permisions issue with windows 11 and its registry.

When you have it reinstalled, select the icon or app link R-click and go

to properties and select "run as adminsitrator"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work either.  The problem was introduced by the update to version 12.0.1.  It's a bug that Adobe needs to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am  running 12.0.1.246

Do you have the latest build?

I feel your pain, but unless they did a remote session to your machine , they may not be able to find something they can fix.

I have two machines, one has windows 10, and the other has windows 11.

The feature works fine on both machines. I know that does not help your situation.

Permissions issue are big problem both on Win and Mac os, and its only getting worse. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest build of Bridge.  Version 12.0.1.246 released last week.  I have run CC Cleaner on the registries.  I have installed the latest Windows 11 updates released this morning.  I have installed the latest nVidia driver for my GTX1070 released on 4 Jan 2022, and only the studio version, not the gaming version.  I uninstalled using Adobe Cloud, and then reinstalled using adobe cloud.  I'm running Windows 11 on a machine using 64gb of RAM.  My GTX1070 has 6 gb of RAM.  Win 11 is on one SSD and all my Adobe caches are on a separat4e SSD, including the scratch disk setup.  I have my files on many internal or external hard drives.  The Externals are all USB3.0 or later.  I'll drag my old laptop out of the car shortly and see if that works any differently.  It has Win 10 on it because it is not compatible with Win 11.

The problem persists and it was not there before Bridge 12.0.1.246. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I ran Bridge as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old laptop runs Bridge v12.0.1.246 with no problems at all, and it is setup as below, running Windows 10.

Processor            AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics   1.40 GHz

Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.5 GB usable)

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch   No pen or touch input is available for this display

I have pretty much the same software running on both machines.  It only gets used when I'm on the road for one of the newspapers and have to tag and file images immediately to meet news deadlines.

My desktop setup is:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎3/‎12/‎2021
OS build 22000.438
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.438.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled all Adobe products, rum ACC and reinstalled Bridge. It did not help.

Now I will wait until Adobe has fixed the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you r-click the icon and  select 'run as administrator"?

Can you add a new user as administrator to your OS and logon with new user and see if Bridge will install and run  properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My very last attempt to spend time to make it work as follow:

Uninstalled CC

Uninstalled all my old products (CS5)

run Adobe CC cleaner tool

run CC cleaner (pro) and cleaned the register

Reinstalled Adobe Bridge2022 

Problem still persist.......................................

My computer is very "clean", updated with all fixes from Microsoft.

I give up Adobe S/W and stick to DXO Photolab which is "crème de la crème" when it comes to process RAW files

So, I don't want to spend more time on a problem that is not coused by me or my computer configuration. I really hope Adobe will prioritize this bug and fix it it A.S.A.P. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can you help this guy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to inform you.

I followed your advice Stephen and installed Bridge (12.0.1.246) on a brand new HP Laptop with an Intel processor and 16 GB Ram. Same bad result.

JBM007: I have been in touch with Adobe (see my inital post) and I got no help. Adobe started a remote session but had no answer what so ever and could not give any acceptable advice. Very disapointing.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yes, I'm running win 11 pro on both computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines