• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching for multiple filenames in Bridge

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hopefully this isn't a duplicated request somewhere, but I'm looking to search for multiple filenames in Bridge. I have 100's of files to browse through, and have a list of filenames to search for, but can't see how to enter this data to search.

I was hoping to search in Bridge with 'Filename' and a list pasted in the Enter Text file, but it doesn't appear to work.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

November 2022 update:

I have added a beta feature to my finished MultiSearch Plus script which searches for a list of terms and saves the results to a new collection. This works in Bridge 2022 and Bridge 2023 but the list of collections doesn't refresh in Bridge 2023 unless you manually close and reopen the Collections panel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't support these scripts on CS6, I don't have that version and its no longer supported by Adobe either. I recommend updating your computer and getting the CC version of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for creating this script. Is there any way to show up all images that are being searched for? As for now your script shows only 1 image at time. It would be helphful to reveal all files so that one can for example make an action , such as copy or cut out all those files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, so close to what I was looking for, but actually worthless if you cant search all files in one go. I need to find more than 100 images from a list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome to modify this to say create a collection of found items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not be able to get what you want anyway, Bridge returns extra results so automatically adding them to a collection will probably give you unwanted items.
For example, searching for "aa" returns aa.jpg, aa.tif, aa1.jpg, aa2.jpg, baa.jpg, xyzaa.jpg, and so on. You'd have to be very specific with search terms to get only those you wanted.

My suggestion is to create a collection and just add each item as it comes up in the search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 2022 update:

I have added a beta feature to my finished MultiSearch Plus script which searches for a list of terms and saves the results to a new collection. This works in Bridge 2022 and Bridge 2023 but the list of collections doesn't refresh in Bridge 2023 unless you manually close and reopen the Collections panel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not quite sure what the "Make collection" does, even reading the readme file..because when i use it nothing happens. 
I made a video for you to see . Any tip? I thought hopefully the "Make collection" displays all the images and not one and one

https://youtu.be/PuX1kfpHZOo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you close and redisplay the Collections tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which tab you mean when you say the Collections tab?  Where? Please share a image. Thx

Here is another video when i try

https://youtu.be/875cor01S9k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I posted above, there is a  bug in Bridge 2023. You have to CLOSE the Collections tab and reopen it for new collections to appear there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you upload video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have allready uploaded video that shows it..look above or here:
https://youtu.be/875cor01S9k

But i use Bridge 2021. May be that is not compatible? Has to be 2022 and above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. But it doesnt work. I exported raw files from LR from a wedding, raw are 1234.NEF but I exported them as jpeg  as Mary-and-peter-0001.jpg. So I uploaded this to an online gallery for favorit album photos, so I have a list of 100 photos that cant search on LR, and cant search in jpeg folder. Adobe should implement that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines