• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching for multiple filenames in Bridge

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hopefully this isn't a duplicated request somewhere, but I'm looking to search for multiple filenames in Bridge. I have 100's of files to browse through, and have a list of filenames to search for, but can't see how to enter this data to search.

I was hoping to search in Bridge with 'Filename' and a list pasted in the Enter Text file, but it doesn't appear to work.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

November 2022 update:

I have added a beta feature to my finished MultiSearch Plus script which searches for a list of terms and saves the results to a new collection. This works in Bridge 2022 and Bridge 2023 but the list of collections doesn't refresh in Bridge 2023 unless you manually close and reopen the Collections panel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge doesn't have an interface to search for multiple items. That would require scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, at least I know, would be handy, wouldn't it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some hacking to see if this was possible and came up with a developmental script. I'll probably add it to my Utility Script Pack once I get it tested and polished a bit more. Please note that this is a test version and may have bugs!

Save the script below as a ".jsx" file (PLAIN TEXT, not RTF) and put it in Bridge Startup Scripts. Quit and relaunch Bridge.

It takes a plain text file of search terms, one per line, and creates a new collection of found files.

Open the top-level folder you want to search and select Tools->qsTest. Let it run until the last item in your list is onscreen (it may take a while.)

------------------

#target bridge
var qsTest1menu = MenuElement.create('command', 'qsTest', 'at the end of Tools');

qsTest1menu.onSelect = function(){
qsTest1();
}

qsTest1 = function(){
try{
var resultsF = app.document.thumbnail;
var thumbs = null;
var term = [];
var i = 0;
termFile = new File('~/Desktop').openDlg('Select Search Terms File', '*.txt');
if(termFile != null){
termFile.open('r');
var termLine = termFile.readln();
while(termLine != ''){
term[i] = termLine;
termLine = termFile.readln();
i = i + 1;
}
termFile.close();
}
else{
return;
}
var collName = Window.prompt('Please name the results collection.');
if(collName == '' || collName == null){
return;
}
var colls = app.getCollections();
for(var j = 0; j < colls.length; j++){
if(colls[j].name == collName){
app.deleteCollection(colls[j]);
break;
}
}
var qsColl = app.createCollection(collName);
var qsearch = new QuickSearch('');
qsearch.setSearchMethod('bridge');
for(var k = 0; k < term.length; k++){
qsearch.searchString(term[k]);
resultsF = app.document.thumbnail;
thumbs = resultsF.children;
app.addCollectionMember(qsColl, thumbs);
}
}
catch(e){
alert(e + e.line);
}
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job Lumigraphics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have a finished version of this script called MultiSearch Plus that works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 

This is insane how bad Adobe is with that kind of stuff. Lightroom has that function, how hard can it be to implement it?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not a question of how hard, its question as to whether Adobe wants to use resources on a function that will not make them any money.

Thank goodness we have people like Lumagraphics here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please add support for Bridge 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My script works in Bridge 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the script returns only the last image in the list. although Multi Search Plus normally moves through the list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only finds one search term at a time. I just tested on Windows 10 Pro and its working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

qsTest? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use my release script MultiSearchPlus, not the one in this forum.

Adobe Scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to utilize the MultiSearchPlus script in the same fashion as your 'qsTest' script? What I mean is, to search and store the files that were in the Search Term File within a new Collection everytime. It was extremely efficient for collecting specific files which we then added keywords to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The finished script would have to be rewritten to save results to a collection. I don't currently have time to do so but they are released under the Apache license so feel free to modify them if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem, just making sure I didn't miss out on a feature! I appreciate the plugin nontheless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moein5E23_0-1632845548530.png

dosent work for me 

my bridge its 2021 on Win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the help file, you'll see that you drag the entire Utility Pack folder into Startup Scripts. You cannot install just one script as it will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any version that works in adobe bridge cc 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for Bridge 2018 is limited, is out of date and scripting has a lot of bugs that were fixed in newer versions.

Having said that, MultiSearch Plus works fine in Bridge 2018 (just tested on Windows 10.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried on macosx. unfortunately did not work 😕 script loads failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of macOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the MultiSearch Plus script on macOS High Sierra and Bridge CS6 appears a text error like: ReferenceError: QuickSearch does not have a construction 54

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have CS6 and have not tested on anything that old. Adobe has added new features along the way and its not surprising that some of my scripts don't work on older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines