• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching sub>SUB folders in Adobe Bridge

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a huge database of photos in various subfolders. I can check search sub folders and it will show those, but it will not show the photos in the sub folders of the sub folders. It will only show the actual folder and I would like it to show the contents. How can I make this happen??? Do I have to setup my whole organization system again to work around that or what??

Thank you for any ideas, trying to make searching by keywords as easy as possible for all my coworkers also searching the files.

-Megan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT > FIND

Works for me in CS6 and CC2015 (6.3.1.186) … Are up also including non-indexed files? Any criteria or All criteria?

Parent Folder

> Child Folder

>> Sub-Child Folder

All images and their keywords in all three folders are displayed.

Perhaps it is a pref’s issue:

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work OK if I search fairly specifically but if I start the search under the broadest category of folder to search specific tags in all folders, it is unable to find the contents of the sub>sub>sub folders. There are a few layers.....Still checking search non indexed.

Any other ideas to change the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to show screenshots of your Edit/Find setup and or sample files and or sample directory structures etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 11.15.01 AM.png

These folders are under the umbrella folder of animals, and another folder over that. If I click show items from subfolders of lions shouldn't it show those 1 week and 2-6 week folders open as well? When I search by keyword it seems to be okay most times, but I think it is overlooking some keyworded photos in the smaller subfolders. ie: no items found when I know that there are photos with those 2-3 keywords tagged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines