• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing photo library with team

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disclaimer: I believe I haven't grasped yet the basic concepts of sharing and file management. let's start with the basics.

We have 10 people with full CC subscriptions, with a library of few thousands photos.

We need to share this library, including meta-data.

The pics could then be used in an Adobe project (PS, AI, InD), or downloaded to use elsewhere (eg: powerpoint).

I would like then to have an interface where I can search images from this library, based on metadata, proprieties.

[nice to have ] I would also like to have auto-recognition, a là google photos (face recognition, colors, environment, location), and search by that.

I would then like to have a web based interface for at least searching/downloading.

What is the best channel/tool to manage such shared libraries ? is it bridge, or am I looking in the wrong place? (Elements? Lightroom?)

If it's bridge, does it cover all the above, or should it be integrated with other services?

thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

I believe that you are looking for a self hosted web browser based DAM/catalogue system, such as:

Digital Asset Management Software | Extensis Portfolio

or

Daminion | Multi-User, Server-Based Digital Photo Management Software

or many others (commerical or opensource) that you can find via an internet search…

P.S. Perhaps even something like Mylio would suit your purposes:

Mylio: The Ultimate Photo Organizer. Build your Life Calendar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Efsaw,

Please refer to this article Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, and more

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sahil.Chawla,

that link doesn't answer to my question. I don't just want to share

I will to be more specific:

User A tag his photo with tag "Pizza".

He then shares this photo with user B.

User B now searches "Pizza" in assets.adobe.com, but doesn't find the photo above, because metadata are not shared.

Is there a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Efsaw, Please follow the links provided by Stephen and let us know about the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you are looking for a self hosted web browser based DAM/catalogue system, such as:

Digital Asset Management Software | Extensis Portfolio

or

Daminion | Multi-User, Server-Based Digital Photo Management Software

or many others (commerical or opensource) that you can find via an internet search…

P.S. Perhaps even something like Mylio would suit your purposes:

Mylio: The Ultimate Photo Organizer. Build your Life Calendar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Stephen_A_Marsh,

yes the features of extensis portfolio looks perfect on paper. But we'd have it on the cloud rather than selfhosted. I was wondering if Adobe CC had anything available to achive similar goals (eg Assets library, or its DAM) to be integrated with the Adobe products we normally use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Efsaw,

Just wondering if you found a platform that solved your problems for this, as I'm also looking for something similar for my team?

Any findings you could share would be useful.

Many thanks

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should look into commercial DAM offerings. Adobe has Experience Manager and there are numerous others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am looking for a Canto-like solution for 20 in-house designers who all have CC. What is the Adobe Cloud solution for a shared DAM? Bridge? Lightroom? Nothing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Experience Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I'm going to give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines