• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

show items in subfolders

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if i select a parent folder, then 'show items in subfolders' it works, but if i click the parent folder again, it auto resets to 'show items in subfolders' off?

Why cant i have that setting on permanently?

Any help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

This issue has come before and I have the same answer: I do not believe you really want that preference sticky. Here's why: let's say you click on a folder that has sub-folders with a total of (say) 50 images. That would probably take a minute or two to build. But let's say your next folder has subfolders with 500 or 1000 images. That would lock Bridge up for many many many minutes. Do you really want to lose that much time to save a few seconds?

Bridge's ability to build the cache is slow and should be speeded up. Personally I'd rather the engineers fix that rather than them making sub-folder viewing a sticky setting.

I hope you understand, does this make sense?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

For me, no it doesnt make sense and I do want that preference sticky otherwise I wouldnt have posted the question. 🙂 

If you can turn something on in a menu, it should stay on, surely. If I have a folder that is slow to build thumbnails I could always turn it off afterall, the being its my choice...for the software to presume i no longer need an option i turned on,well its a bit odd.

For me, having it auto reset breaks the flow of browsing images I have in multiple subfolders, which is more important than thumbnail creation time etc in my workflow.

Anyway thanks again for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe that I want the setting sticky, matbe you don't but maybe we are not all the same. Bridge does not take several minutes with 7,000 plus files it takes seconds. Bridge would work for me if that setting was sticky, as it is I get so sick of setting it I use file explorer or another program instead. 

Show reject files is sticky as are other options but not the only one I do want to be sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines