• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Adobe Bridge (2015 & 2017)

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to 2017 Adobe Bridge, and it was noticeably slower, with lag when scrolling between images using arrow keys, applying ratings etc.

It was so bad I downgraded back to 2015 Bridge but now the problem persists in 2015 as well.

I am using 2015 Mac (for spec see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 12.13.10.png

I have more than enough space on my laptop, have reset Bridge and purged cache to no avail. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Hi Tristanh,

Please refer to this article Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tristanh,

Please refer to this article Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for a long time but finally got through it. I work in a domestic LAN that includes my wife's laptop.

I transfer some of the images I have to postproduce, to her laptop and then she works on them offline in another city.

If I do not remove MyWife'sLaptop from Bridges Favorites and the PC is not in the LAN, Bridge in my PCs is painfully slow. In any operations. As soon as I remove it from the Favorites it works smoothly with no delay. This is my personal experience, maybe external HD or USB Keys or else, need to be removed from your Favorites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazing! All the troubleshooting links were an excerise in futility and frustration, but alas, a post from over 4 years ago had the solution. Working from home my connection to the office server is significantly slower, and sure enough, removing all the server shortcuts from my favorites panel completely fixed the problem. I have no idea how bridge works or why the shortcut panel would have any effect on the performance, but apparently it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting scrolling experience issue.

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2018) on 18 Oct 2017. The new version build number is 8.0.0.262. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

We have improved scrolling experience in this version. Please install the latest version and check for issue you may have encountered. You can check all new features at https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html (or from Bridge Application -> Help Menu -> What’s New…)

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Praveen Gelra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines