• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart collection of image files linked to InDesign documents?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a Smart Collection that finds all of the image files linked to InDesign documents in a specific folder.
I am the yearbook advisor at school and I need to easily find all of the images that have been placed so that we don't reuse images by mistake.

I have no scripting experience, so I can't create something myself, and I haven't been able to find anything that does such a thing.

Many yearbook design software programs do offer something like this - indicating that an image has been used previously.

I guess it would need to look at the metadata of the InDesign Files for the Linked Files and then pit all of the files found there into a Smart Collection.  Ideally, I would be able to further limit it by file type. ANd to not include Master pages if so desired (although that would just be a bonus!)

I greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can give.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find an AI and ID links to collection scripts at psscripts... I did these some time ago..

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I found the script and got it to work.  Any suggestions as to how I could modify it so that I could apply it to multiple InDesign files at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did these a while back. ID files do let you click the link icon top right and let you collect links per file.. Adding a loop to selection should be relatively easy...

AI does not get these icons because of a missing bag in the file XMP.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be glad to give it a shot, even though I'm a beginner (and I am afraid I am out of my depth), but i'm missing something obvious because I could download and install the script, but if I try to open it to edit it, I just get gobbeldygook.  Any chance you could paste the script here?

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh sorry... That may be me..!!

Might have posted a binary...

I will have to check...

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines