• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sophos found "Adloadr" in the Adobe Bridge software - please explain this adware

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PUA detected: 'Adloadr' at '/Applications/Adobe Bridge 2022/Adobe Bridge 2022.app/Contents/MacOS/Required/dynamiclinkmediaserver/dynamiclinkmanager.app/Contents/Frameworks/boost_threads.framework/Versions/A/boost_threads'

I would very much like an official response from Adobe on this adware matter. I am not the first to find this stowaway on the most recent updates as of June 22, 2022. Thank you

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing today. Bridge also crashes when I try to launch it. Had to reinstall in order to make it work. Sophos still warns though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue.  Even after uninstalling and reinstalling Bridge through Creative Cloud it still won't launch.  Sophos Home still identifies the PAU adloadr issue.  Adobe, please help.

MRM7500_0-1655909407398.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been a while since Bridge was updated, the current version is 12.0.2.252. Is that what you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes (not sure about the .252).  I even tried to install a previous Adobe Bridge version 12.0.1 through Creative Cloud and received the same message from Sophos.  Updated to 12.0.2 with the same "PUA Blocked" result.  Cleaning it from Sophos didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use Sophos at work (Windows 10 environment) and haven't seen any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines