• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sorting metadata templets

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Bridge CC2018, my metadata templets within Adobe Bridge do not sort properly anymore but are listed at random (tools - attach metadata). Where / how can I sort the templets within this Adobe Bridge window? When I change to the folder, where the templets are stored, they are nicely in alphabetical and numerical order, so this is not the source of the problem. I am working on Mac pro touch 13" 2017.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 15 October 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.0.204. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This version has fixed the metadata template sorting issue.

Please check the following link to know about all new features in Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...not a word! I've posted about this issue on multiple forums and have even sent message DIRECTLY to Adobe tech employees and not a single person has gotten back to me. It's frankly pretty damned infuriating that they won't even acknowledge that users are talking about this. Maybe they can't figure it out...maybe they're working on it...how would we know?!! 

As for a workaround...the only way to get to an alphabetical list of metadata is when you go to File Info, at the top of the drop-down menu, select 'Import' and it should take you to your metadata folder and the full (in order) list of your saved metadata files. From here you can select the file you need. It's 'only' one additional step, but frustrating nonetheless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought it was just me and a corrupted system file somewhere on the Mac, but having read a number of posts/forums it appears to be a common fault.  And one which Adobe are not looking to remedy.  

When I can't find a template I do resort to the import list option, but it is such an inconvenient additional task, when performed many times a day

My hope (along with Lightroom sort order faults, another issue Adobe are neglecting), is that one day there is  rectification, and soon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you start your own thread on the Photoshop forum and hope that maybe someone might answer your questions. It hasn't worked for me, but what the Hell, right?!! 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 14.49.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines