• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Star rating and batch rename no longer work in Bridge

Participant ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of about 3 days ago, batch rename and the star rating system stopped working in Bridge (2017 7.0.0.93 x64). Are these problems related? Any ideas on how can I fix this? I can't sort, rate and rename my photos. Very frustrating. I've restarted twice, and purged the cache.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

I would suggest you get in touch with Microsoft regarding this issue they will help you out by correcting the permissions. If in case you still face the same issue even after repairing the permissions, feel free to reply to this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what is the platform you are using, Mac, PC? is it the case on every folder, or only one? you are not trying to edit files on a DVD, or a CD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - using PC on Windows 10. I'm editing the files on a secondary internal hard drive that is dedicated to my photo files. I have been using that same drive for the past 5 years and this is the first time I've had this problem. It is the same for every folder. My work-around has been to move the files I want to process to drive C, sort, rename and process them, then move them back to my photo drive. So after I posted this problem, I realized that it's more than the rating system that doesn't work - it's anything that writes data to the hard drive (renaming, camera raw processing - sidecar files, exporting JPGs...). I get a write permission error when trying to save out of ACR to that drive, but I can create folders, rename files, move files, etc. when using Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then if ACR also has an issue, there is a permission corrupted for that disk.

You should google how to fix it , as I know the Mac way, but not the PC way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's only Adobe products that have the problem writing to that hard drive, so it looks to me like a problem with how Adobe is seeing the permissions on the drive. I have no trouble in Windows Explorer and other programs. So if that's the case, then permissions wouldn't be corrupted for that disk, right?

I did try right clicking on the Bridge icon and choosing "run as administrator," but that didn't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BCNisly,

To add to what PECourtejoie said, you need to add application-specific access permissions.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. How do I do that, and why did that change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you get in touch with Microsoft regarding this issue they will help you out by correcting the permissions. If in case you still face the same issue even after repairing the permissions, feel free to reply to this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this resolved weeks ago by digging deeper into Windows permissions and changing settings. I don't remember exactly what I changed, but so glad the Bridge rating system is working! Thanks Sahil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting a complete crash of Bridge when I try to batch rename. I am NOT using a Windows based system. I am on a Macbook M1 Pro. I got the same error using OS 12.x as I do now in OS Ventura (13.0) VERY, VERY FRUSTRATING as I used Bridge for this purpose more than anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines