• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Adobe Bridge from downloading files from Onedrive when opening Onedrive folder

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

is there a way to stop Adobe Bridge from automatically downloading files from Onedrive when I add a Onedrive folder and open the folder in Adobe Bridge?

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it does that in order to use the cache but even though I can purge the cache the files will still be kept as downloaded versions. I can of course remove them afterwards but this is a bit of a hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not play well with cloud services and we often see problems reported. I'm not surprised that OneDrive would download files when Bridge tried to read the folder. Its best to avoid using Bridge with cloud folders altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like he said.

Creates all sorts of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem, is there a way to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, don't mix Bridge and cloud services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is not a replacement for Finder or Explore. Bridge wants to show thumbnails of the content of a file and can do so only if it has access to the file. This means that if you have offline files, your cloud service needs to load them from the cloud locally on your disk. That's the disadvantage of having offloaded files in the cloud. I suppose it is one of the reasons, why the Adobe cloud coming with CC does not work this way.

FYI: the trouble is not only with bridge, but also with InDesign, when accessing linked files from the cloud.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

The fact is that Bridge is downloading all of the file and folders that are in the preferred folder. Notwithstanding you select just one folder among the ones in the preferred one.

Hope I explained enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge builds a cache so that Find works, among other things.

YOU CANNOT MIX BRIDGE WITH CLOUD SERVICES.

There is no other answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

that makes impossible to work remotely on a Microsoft Surface with a limited space. 
So I can only work with my desktop at home.

it's a big disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact is that Bridge is downloading all of the file and folders that are in the preferred folder.

By @lanfrancob88644702

Do you mean favourites?

Abambo_0-1643217513290.png

No one drive in.

You can remove anything here:

Abambo_0-1643217586414.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's clear but it's a pity.

I'm working on a folder that is downloaded locally, but bridge is downloading also other folders (that are only on the cloud).

I give it up 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines