• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails continually rebuilding

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an update for ACR (CS6) today and installed it. Suddenly, EVERY time I open Bridge or return to it from another page, it starts thumbnailing my images from scratch. We're talking hundreds of images in this folder. This is new. It did not do this yesterday. What is going on and how do I fix it.  If I leave bridge (even if it's still open) and I go back to Bridge, it starts doing the thumbnail extractions all over again and THEN starts on the full size extractions all over again. The result is that all of Photoshop has slowed to a crawl. This is the second time in a month that an update has caused new problems that did not exist before. It's beyond frustrating.

that's cute. I just sat through 10 minutes of full size extractions counting down. it got to zero and STARTED AGAIN. Okay, guys, what's going on? I have 50 gb of images from Asia I need to process. I truly don't have time for this. And the thumbnail extractions just started over again.

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 576 Replies 576
Enthusiast ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

but the last camera raw is 9.1

i would like to install the last 8.8 camera raw for cc and cs6

can i do it?

if i perform the automatic update i can get only 9.1

how can i install 8.8 manually?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mantralightroom wrote:

hi

but the last camera raw is 9.1

i would like to install the last 8.8 camera raw for cc and cs6

can i do it?

if i perform the automatic update i can get only 9.1

how can i install 8.8 manually?

Why 8.8?

To go from 9.1 to 8.8, you need a copy of the 8.8 download. If you haven't got that, then you're stuck. There used to be a way of unpacking the downloads and extracting the correct 8bi file and manually copying this over the later version. If you search the forums, you might find a download link and/or the procedure. Adobe changed the update format with 8.8, so it may have changed slightly. You might be better off looking in the Camera Raw forum, rather than at the end of a 15-page discussion on another subject in the Bridge forum 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines