Participant ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2022  25.5.0

Bridge 2022  12.0.3.270

Windows 10, 64 bit, 21H2

Possible Bridge 2022 Bug

I've now done this on my desktop and laptop which both run the same versions of PS and BR and Bridge 2022 will crash on both when doing the following:

1. Save an image with a text layer as a TIFF in a folder.
  2. Access the folder with Bridge and Bridge will crash.
  3. Save an image with a text layer as a PSD in a folder.
  4. Bridge behaves normally.

Bridge 2022 will also not crash when browsing similar TIFFs created using Photoshop CS6.

Can someone else confirm this behaviour?

Russell

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

I have the same issue. running Bridge 12.0.3.270, supposedly the latest, still the same. My CC app shows I have both 12.03 and 13 installed, but when I open 13 from the CC app it shows as 12.0.3.270.

I unistalled 12.0.3 and I have Bridge 13.0.0.562. It now works, does not crash with tif files with text layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind .... it was a short lived success 😞

I was out all day and just got back to checking the solution. As soon as I edit the text and re-saved the Tiff the problem returned. No point in testing on another computer before I can confirm that it's fixed on this one.

I'll try re-installing the Bridge (Beta) to see if the fix holds with Bridge 12.0.3 if I don't uninstall the Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling Bridge (Beta) does not help. Bridge 12.0.3 is back to crashing. It I open and edit the file with Bridge (Beta) then Bridge 12.0.3 won't crash when accessing the folder. But as soon as open and edit the file in PS from within 12.0.3 it returns to crashing.

It's a very wonky problem that I'm going to stop trying to figure out ...

R]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like it could be solved with the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. running Bridge 12.0.3.270, supposedly the latest, still the same. My CC app shows I have both 12.03 and 13 installed, but when I open 13 from the CC app it shows as 12.0.3.270.

I unistalled 12.0.3 and I have Bridge 13.0.0.562. It now works, does not crash with tif files with text layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Thought it was random but I've also narrowed it to TiFF files with a text layer that causes the crash. If the layer is flattened or saved as a PSD it is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Bridge update fixed the issue.

[Personal Information removed by moderator] PEC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tom Goodman thank you for the confirmation. In the future, please remember to disable your signature in your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, it's for your own safety...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines