• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering all photos in Bridge from one computer to a new computer, both being Macs

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfering all photos in Bridge from one computer to a new computer, both being Macs.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi twfsr

It sounds to me like you do not have your computer backed up at all.  Tha's not good.

OK, there's two ways to do this: one is to link your two computers together via cables and placing one computer into "Target mode" Since I do not know what kind of cables your Mac needs, let me just provide a link on the process. You may already have, or need to get the cabling for this.

How to Boot Your Mac in Target Disk Mode for Easy File Transfers

However, the BETTER way to do this is to get yourself an external hard drive, copy the images to the hard drive and then copy them onto your new computer. About once a week or so (more often if you've just added photos, less often if you haven't) update your photos on the external drive. You can do this manually (by date is a good way to do that) or it's easier with software. Check out ChronoSync (my favorite). 

Remember: there are two kinds of hard drive users: those who've had their hard drive crash and those who haven't had their hard drive crash YET.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines