• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see Google Drive in Bridge anymore

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly Bridge has stopped showing Google Drive (virtual drive) in the Folders panel. I can see its alias under Users (in the Content panel), but it's not clickable. It doesn't work in the Favourite panel either. Everything was working fine until two days ago, though. 

Systems:

• MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2019
  • MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
  • Adobe Bridge v 11.1.1.185
  • Tried Adobe Bridge v 12 but it didn't work either

Google Drive:

• They're all stream files, not mirror files (= all files are in the cloud, and nothing is on my Mac).

Mac:

• Security & Privacy > Full Disc Access > Adobe Bridge "ticked"
  • Security & Privacy > Files and Folders > Adobe Bridge "Full Disc Access"

Bridge (Folders panel on the left): 

• It used to show Google Drive on top of everything, just like an external HD or a business server. 
  • I might have updated it to 11.1.1.185 two days ago when I updated other apps, i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop, etc., without thinking, but I'm not 100% sure.

bridge-googleDrive.jpg

Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use Google Drive reliably with Bridge. Period. Bridge does not understand cloud services or support them. Your files MUST be local to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not entirely correct.

1. if folders are synced in GDrive, they *are* local

2. while Bridge's folder browser doesn't find Google Drive folders, Bridge "favorites" from before the recent chnage *still work* and can browse into GDrive folders. 

My cynical nature says this is not a priority for Adobe since they'd prefer to force you to use thei cloud $ervice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, to add un-browseable folders as favorites, just drag them into Bridge's Favorites panel from the Finder. Problem not-solved-but-workable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It's as if Bridge doesn't recognize Google Drive as a network drive anymore. I can open an image from google drive in bridge, then I can see google drive in the file path, but it's still not listed under "computer" in the folder list below (see image). So frustrating. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -oo

onuro31119359_0-1636299486912.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, given that the Google Drive icon doesn't match any of the other icons in Finder tells me Google Drive is not compatible with MacOS Monterey.

onuro31119359_1-1636299910529.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me after a recent upgrade, but I was able to fix it by going to the View menu inside Bridge and ticking "Show Hidden Files"! Suddenly Google Drive was back in my sidebar and fully browsable and workable like always. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be fixed now. I have Google Drive setup with Online Only view and it shows up in Bridge and I did not have to click on Show Hidden Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How @Utopia Creative Group ? I stilll don't see Google Drive under "Computer".

@nothinglesssssthe Show Hidden Files trick works (yay), but it also makes all the unnecessary files visible. One trick that might work is to use it once to display Google Drive under "volumes", which you can then add to favorites, and turn off Show Hidden Files. Seems like a potential solution, but I'm not sure if it'll stick after a restart.

Thanks,

-oo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also. Google Drive and Adobe Creative Cloud are still the only icons that look broken in MacOS. Which makes me think both of those are still not compatible with Monterey.

Neodoubleo_0-1642365087455.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Neodoubleo  Interesting, for me the drive shows up under Folders and when I add it to Favourites. It even shows the correct icon.

The funny thing about the icon in the finder is that if you do a get info it shows the color google drive icon but in the finder sidebar it shows the dark folder with google drive icon. I guess it is the way the OS interupts what it is, it is a mouted volume but it is seeing it as a folder. Maybe because there is techincially a folder that the Drive uses to cach the files you are working with?

While it kind of defeats the purpose of using cloud storage have you tried bridge with a folder that has been set to keep files available offline which basically keeps a physical copy on your computer. You can actually click "My Drive" and set the whole folder to be available offline which will copy all the files to your hard drive. I am not currenty doing it myself because f HD space but will be as a extra layer of file protection one I get a new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies that I didn't reply, and thank everyone for your input earlier.

I just deleted the Google Drive cache from my Mac 5 mins ago then Google Drive came back to the Bridge!

The cache directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Google/DriveFS

Hope this helps some of you. Thanks again, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of files in the DriveFS folder. What exactly did you delete? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to see my own google drive files that I own and the ones that were "shared with me" after clicking on "Show Hidden Files".  However, I could not actually open any google drive folder that was "shared with me."  I fixed that clicking on Google Drive in Bridge's Favorites folder, then the .shortcut folder, then navigating through those folders to find the one I wanted access to.  Once I found it, I dragged it over to the Favorites panel for easy access later.  So far so good.

My goal is to give 20 students and a teacher access to a shared google drive folder called "Yearbook" through Adobe Bridge.  We want to build a collaborative yearbook and school magazine in InDesign where all students have shared access to the files, photos, and pages of the yearbook.  Hoping this is the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it works for you.

Its a unsupported hack that will go bye bye after Bridge does an app update.

Hope not. Keep us posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an Alias of Google Drive on my Desktop.

Navigated to Desktop in Bridge.

The Alias shows up in Bridge.

From there I moved all my important working folders in Drive to my Favorites in Bridge.

Works fine so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this and it worked for me. Thank you so much for posting this, I was getting frustrated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add it, just open the google drive folder in your finder and drag it to 'favorites' in bridge.

It will add the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole thread is about seeing Google Drive folders in Bridge's "folders" panel, not favorites @Geline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines