Exit

Update Centrally Managed Shared Cache

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I’m running Adobe Bridge 2020
An I’ve got a large photolibrary used as an asset repository for work, probably quite similar to others that use bridge, this goes to my office computer, from my home computer in the form of shared folder caches.
So far so good.
Every month or so ill add new images to it, these will range usually between 500mb to about 6GB, in an ideal world I would export a cache from my home computer where i'd process the images and import it at work.
Only problem is, the new cache's image index is not accessible if I’m in my root folder for my entire image library.
‘Work computer bridge’ doesn't add the newly imported cache to a centralised search index, instead it treats it completely as its own entity, most likely only reading the search index when you are in the 'new' root directory of the newly imported photos.

This is a bummer because the whole point of searching is to instantly locate files with the correct keywords whos exact location might allude you.

“ok -so re-build the whole thing"- well, the whole thing is over 1TB and isn't shrinking anytime soon without a catastrophic failure of Hard drives!
Considering the time it will take, is rebuilding the whole thing, every time you add 500mb of new images, optimal?
Id be interested to know if ive missed something and its actually far more straight forward but so far no luck.
I prepose that local machines can search all Centrally Managed Shared Cache's from quick find not just the directory the user is in.
At least allow the end user to convert a centrally managed cache into a normal local cache so that new folders can be added more dynamicly.

Thanks

TOPICS
Feature request , Keywords , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

or you can update the centrually managed cache from the master computer to include these new sub-folders nested in the same root directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines