• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Bridge, Now it Won't Work

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated bridge, which had been working just fine, but I felt like I should keep everything updated. What a mistake. Now bridge won't open - at all - yet half these forums have troubleshoot steps for when bridge is OPEN. Which I did do, because after I installed it - it opened ONCE + then wouldn't rate pictures, so I reset all the preferences + closed it, once it was closed it would not start up again at all...

I deleted every adobe related product off my computer using Adobe's CC Cleaner because whenever I'd go to uninstall bridge it would say it was running + re-downloaded them all. I'm half tempted to just bite the bullet and buy Photo Mechanic because I can't figure out this bug at all + no information listed online helps whatsoever. I also now have issues when selecting "import" in Lightroom, all because I updated bridge.

So, I decided to go back to the version of bridge I'd previously used + it doesn't work either.... + lightroom still won't allow me to import files while Bridge is running in the background, despite that it's not open + I've ended the process tree and/or clicked end task in task manager.

Being that you have zero competitors in the photo-editing department, you'd think your culling software would be top notch, but something is wrong with this software, clearly, because whatever I did now impacts every other Adobe related software + all your advice online doesn't solve the problem, you'd think by now you'd have a feasible solution to this issue and now exactly what is causing this problem - I am running Windows 10 OS, if that helps.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018
Please reset Bridge preferences by following the steps as mentioned below:
  • Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.

• Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you are having this problem. I'm on a Mac, hopefully a windows user will jump in to help you.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

«Being that you have zero competitors in the photo-editing department, you'd think your culling software would be top notch, but something is wrong with this software, clearly, because whatever I did now impacts every other Adobe related software + all your advice online doesn't solve the problem, you'd think by now you'd have a feasible solution to this issue and now exactly what is causing this problem »

There are competitors (Like Affinity Photo or Pixelmator) – but no Adobe Customer Care people over here... Contact Customer Care

Try this site with detailed infos about your system and last steps… good luck.

Adobe Bridge Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reset Bridge preferences by following the steps as mentioned below:
  • Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.

• Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same problem on Windows 10 after upgrading to Adobe 2019. Bridge opens for a few seconds and closes, both as stand alone and when I try to Browse in Bridge from Photoshop. I have tried Shift+Ctrl+Alt and reset all 3, but not working. I have also uninstalled with AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe but its still not working. Any help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is so close it is not funny. I can use PS CC2019 as well as PSCS6 - I can use Bridge CS6 -- but Bride CC 2019? Nothing I do works. Windows 10 - and no special issues with the 2018 versions - and Bridge 2019 did work for a while - and suddenly nothing - and no way on earth to get any help from an Adobe employee. This is insane. And, I could write anything in the wide world here and I honestly believe no human being employed by Adobe would read nor respond. What a shame. And, they continue taking money from me every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ - I think that is one part of the problem. Clearly the Adobe Staff is not fully reading these messages otherwise they’d not have replied verbatim with the very steps I established in my original message did not work & was not the problem.

I like how their solution to “Adobe bridge WILL NOT OPEN“ is to ”OPEN ADOBE BRIDGE & then do this..”

Uhmmm!!??

I‘m unsure how advanced the staff truly is to these issues, because for me the problem was much more intricate and required slightly advanced computer knowledge to figure out. Only because I deleted every adobe product via the CC cleaner through Adobe did I realize that parts of Adobe Bridge were not deleting, for some reason this confused the OS system & wouldn’t open the updated version. Then, neither my computer or cloud recognized that the old Adobe Bridge was still in my program files on my computer & had not deleted. I had to go in and change every single folder to allow me full control to manually delete the Bridge folder that no system identified as even being on my computer in order for Bridge to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to reset preferences is to open the program and AS IT OPENS to hold down modifier keys. Corrupted preferences will cause a program to not work and is always a good troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did request that this thread be deleted as well as posted in great detail what the issue was, how I solved the issue, and that resetting preferences was NOT the problem and DID NOT help - I mentioned this several times as well as IN MY ORIGINAL POST that I HAD indeed reset the preferences the ONE TIME it did open for me and that this DID NOT WORK and mentioned that my issue was that it WOULD NOT OPEN... so.... if you do not intend on actually reading through the complaint, why bother responding??

Please delete this thread. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, we are not adobe employees, we are volunteers - as in volunteering to answer questions on the forums. I will not delete this thread because your solution could potentially help others who might run into the same issue. I'm glad you fixed it.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Crystal and Justin,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Bridge. Someone from our team will reach out to you over email and will work with you to narrow down and resolve this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We updated to the latest version of Bridge 2019.  Nothing but problems.  We have done all the resets and it still times out, says not responding, and just sits there.  Takes a good 30 sec to 1 min to open a folder.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the suggestions mentioned without success. After I disabled my GPU for Photoshop the problem was solved. Bridge does not shut down immediately after opening anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the correct answer, as the problem is that the program won't even START to open, so you don't have any opportunity to press any keys.

For me, the solution was to reboot my computer.  I also removed the icon from the task bar and opened the program using its actual icon in the Programs folder.  Then I refroze its icon to the task bar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just ran into this problem myself. I had updated from Adobe Master Collection to the newest version . I had upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10.

Thanks to some leads in this thread, I began to suspect a conflict between the two installed versions of Bridge.

Using task manager I ended the process for the old version and voila the new Bridge started working right away.

Thanks everyone for you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines