Surname Firstname.psd

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Unless you need to incorporate the rename into another script, you don’t need scripting to do this, the standard Batch Rename tool is more than capable!

The following is just the first method that I came up with… I am hoping to come up with a more elegant solution.

I tried to make it robust so that it would work with any combination of uppercase/lowercase patterns.

BatchRenameTitleCase.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you need to incorporate the rename into another script, you don’t need scripting to do this, the standard Batch Rename tool is more than capable!

The following is just the first method that I came up with… I am hoping to come up with a more elegant solution.

I tried to make it robust so that it would work with any combination of uppercase/lowercase patterns.

BatchRenameTitleCase.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extending the previous method, this one adds an extra step to swap the order around from Surname Firstname to Firstname Surname.

BatchRenameTitleCase-SWAP-ORDER.png

NOTE: I have not made this workable with names such as McDonald Ronald, which would end up as Ronald Mcdonald so take care. Same goes for 3 word names, hyphenated names etc. You need to know your own data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha. Yes. This is exactly an issue for me (and same for all the O'Names as well), but in my case it's simple enough for me to correct these ones by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stephen. This worked perfectly. I've since discovered I can use Automator to achieve the same result, but it's nice to be able to stay in Bridge. Although I still can't believe they don't include this as an option. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, it should be a standard option along with original/upper/lowercase. Sadly when it comes to Bridge, there are many things that are hard to believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines