• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using xmp files Simultaneously in Brige and Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested to work simultaneously on the metadata in Brige and Lightroom at the same time.

Is there a way to edit and save xmp files from Lightroom in Bridge And in the opposite direction?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, well sort of no.

When you make adjustments in Bridge, you are using Adobe Camera Raw (not bridge). Any changes made are saved in sidecar files (xmp) which are contained (but still sidecar files) in both JPG, TIF and raw images.

LRC, on the other hand, saves all of the sidecar file data in the catalog. These two things do not talk to each other.

If you open a file that was adjusted in LRC in Bridge, it will not show any of the adjustments made in LRC. 

If you take any LRC image that has been adjusted in Bridge or PS and open it in LRC, you will be asked that because the image was adjusted outside of LRC, do you want LRC to override the changes or let the changes override LRC's previous adjustments.

In other words, it's very complicated but suffice it to say: not worth doing or trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I hope that in next updates this will be possible, because it is required that LRC & Bridge will talk to each other in order to share the metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ShaiKe,

Please do not hold your breath because this is not going to happen. It happens to be because they are two different products with two very divergent intents. LRC is a DAM program (Digital Asset Management).

Bridge has nothing to do with DAM and, by itself, cannot do anything with images — Bridge is reliant upon ACR and PS to do pretty much of what it does. While there's almost nothing you can do in Bridge that you can't do in LRC.

Perhaps it's because you do not yet fully understand when and where to use Bridge and LRC? I do use them both but only to utilize the individual strengths that each has. If you want me to elaborate on this I'd be happy to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Gray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines