• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Utility Script Pack for Bridge status

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the release of Bridge 2023, my Utility Script Pack for Bridge will require some updates. Most of the scripts still work, although I have found some bugs in scripting support.

Known issues:

- Label Bar, Text Preview and Folder Info need cosmetic/layout updates but otherwise work ok

- Window Sync is obsolete with the change from multiple windows to multiple panels.

- PDF Export works but applying a metadata template is broken due to a Bridge bug that I cannot work around.

I intend to do more testing and release an update later this year.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Status update (this document will be kept current):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1o29pc0o6paytu/Bridge%202023%20compatibility.rtf?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Updated for tentative compatibility:

Label Bar Cosmetic update
Copy Path Updated to use new API
Text Preview Cosmetic update for layout. Known issue, once closed, cannot be reopened without restarting Bridge.
PDFExport Updated for new output template format.
Window Sync Obsolete, updated to not load menu.

Everything else is still in testing and may or may not work. Please let me know if you find bugs!

Current version:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Perhaps the scripts were not all enabled when Bridge was launched after copying to Startup Scripts

Check Preferences > Startup Scripts to see if all the Utility Pack scripts are listed and selected.

gregreser_0-1683775405529.png

If they aren't listed, click "Reveal Scripts" and confirm they are all there.

gregreser_1-1683775490069.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status update (this document will be kept current):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1o29pc0o6paytu/Bridge%202023%20compatibility.rtf?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated for tentative compatibility:

Label Bar Cosmetic update
Copy Path Updated to use new API
Text Preview Cosmetic update for layout. Known issue, once closed, cannot be reopened without restarting Bridge.
PDFExport Updated for new output template format.
Window Sync Obsolete, updated to not load menu.

Everything else is still in testing and may or may not work. Please let me know if you find bugs!

Current version:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg817g9a9ymbasi/AADTmXUVxmFfM58bcyYE7yiwa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated numerous modules for compatibility, the entire Utility Script Pack can now be loaded and some of the stand-alone modules are updated as well.

At this time I recommend NOT upgrading the Bridge 2023 unless you absolutely require a new feature. Unfortunately, there are numerous bugs and UI/workflow problems that must be fixed before this version is ready for production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, the status, and the work in making those useful scripts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for working on updates. I would love to see the Filename to Title working on the latest version. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the compatibility report at the link shown above. Pretty much everything is updated for Bridge 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read on the report that Filename to Title WAS compatable, but unfortunately it is not with Bridge 2023 13.0.3.693

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filename to Title works for me on Bridge 2023 13.0.3.693 and Windows 10.

@dudleym42186971 what is happening when you try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gregreser I am on Windows 11.

Some of the scripts load into tools, but Filename to Title doesnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, interesting. Which scripts do you see in the Utility Script Pack submenu?

gregreser_0-1683761800962.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-05-11 114413.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the scripts were not all enabled when Bridge was launched after copying to Startup Scripts

Check Preferences > Startup Scripts to see if all the Utility Pack scripts are listed and selected.

gregreser_0-1683775405529.png

If they aren't listed, click "Reveal Scripts" and confirm they are all there.

gregreser_1-1683775490069.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the Folder and then re-copied it across. Then I see the Title to Filename wasnt ticked. I have now ticked it and all is working great. thank you. Dont know why it wasnt even showing before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have noticed that the Label Bar only works for one content tab. As you would know, Bridge 2023 now allows for multiple content panels, however the Label Bar is only viewable when active in one content panel if multiple content panels are active.

Regards,

Steve 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it only works in one window or content tab. Limits to the Adobe scripting model prevent it working in multiple instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines