• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What determines the size of the image in Bridge?

Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screen shot is from Bridge:

Screenshot 2018-07-04 09.24.36.png

The artboard for the file on the left is 4"x4". For the file on the right, it is 1.7" x 1.7". So why do I get the large preview for the smaller artboard?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

I assume you have Photoshop and the image is a Smart Object. Change the resolution there if your sole objective is to have two images appear the same size in Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare image resolution of each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Illustrator files - doesn't that mean they have no resolution or are independent of the concept of resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two images of identical size viewed in Bridge: View > Review Mode (Cmd+B).

Note the difference in resolution. Left: 300 ppi. Right: 72 ppi

pair.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain to me how I change the "resolution" of my Illustrator files to produce a more consistent result in Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have Photoshop and the image is a Smart Object. Change the resolution there if your sole objective is to have two images appear the same size in Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are Illustrator files. I don't really know what a Photoshop "Smart Object" is - I don't do much photo editing. I'm trying to use Bridge to manage a huge collection of vector art.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 3:30 PM, norman.sanders <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge is viewing the preview of the Illustrator file. The smaller one on the left is from and older version of Illustrator and was probably saved with a different preview setting. Unfortunately I don’t know off the top of my head what the setting is. I would try re saving it to a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines