• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Bridge for Apple Silicon M1 M2 be available?

Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Bridge still is natively Intel compiled and not available as native M1 resp. M2 aka Apple Silicon version. Does someone know, when we will get a M1 resp. M2 version no longer using Rosetta 2?

Thanks for feedback and help,

Roland

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Download and install , Feature request , Image processor , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

The answer is NOW... for a beta version: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/an-update-for-the-adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available/td-p/13251390

And remember that Adobe Max is around the corner...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Bridge is now Apple Silicon native as of the Bridge 2023 release this morning (no longer beta).

Bridge-2023-M1-support.jpg

It’ s probably worded wrong…it says M1 support, but there is so little difference between M1 and M2 that Bridge is likely to run fine on M2 too. They probably mean Apple Silicon support, not just M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1) The vast majority of folks here do NOT work for Adobe. We do this because we like helping folks. So we do not know.

#2) Adobe has been very good over many many years of not divulging any upcoming or updated projects. Yes, over the years there have been leeks, but very very few.

#3) Yes, of course, there will be an update to be M# native but when? Anyone who does know that is not currently talking. 

Now you know as much as anyone here does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary

First of all thanks for your reply.

I couldn't find any other channel to ask.

The Adobe feedback system is super inconvenient and I have nor the time neither I'm keen of to wasting my time by searching the correct feedback channel in the maze of the Adobe pages. Honestly, it's a catastrophe how Adobe does everything to avoid customer feedback. As soon Serif releases a DAM replacing LrC, I'm done with Adobe.

I really would appreciate if you could show me an appropriate channel to reach out to Adobe directly.

Cheers, Roland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland,

About the only place for folks to send messages directly to the Adobe Bridge team is via User Voice (https://adobebridge.uservoice.com). I know that they see that.

If you go there, search for M1 support on Bridge. You are not the first person to be anxious about such support, so there will be others that have already commented. I'm guessing that it's better to add a voice to one request than to create a new one that disperses the requests for the same thing.

The sad thing is that I know the Bridge team is not large (how "not large," I have no idea). But there are so many issues that Bridge has right now, PLUS the time necessary to create the M1 build, plus add all of the wishes and feature requests that folks have asked for for the past 15 years, that it's sort of like trying to put a fire out with one small bucket: anything you do helps but it may take a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary, will do so. Why do I not know all those links like the one you suggested?

Besides: for professional purposes, Bridge is a must have. The possibility to simply copy and paste all edits stored into the sidecar files instead of a database makes file handling and forwarding so much easier.

What I never will understand: why are the color lables of Bridge and LrC not equal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roland,

Because you commented on one small issue with LRC, perhaps you do not know that in LRC you can either have it store all edits in the catalog OR, also place the sidecar file(s) into the folder containing the images. If you convert your images to DNG (as I do), the sidecar files are contained within the DNG. Otherwise, they will simply be sidecar files. 

This gives you both of the best worlds: you maintain the history in LRC to go back to any previous iteration, AND in the event of a catalog collapse, you still have all of the edits for all of your images. What you lose is the history of each image's edits. A small price to pay for not losing the results the end result of all your work. Plus, since they are sidecar/contained files, they still have not permanently changed the pixels (even in JPG images).

Anyhow, if you were unaware of that aspect of LRC, I thought I'd share that with you. 

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your hints. But I never turn NEF or CR3 or ORI or RAF (working with a 4 systems) into DNG, I realised that some lens information are not correctly transferred. So, I always have sidecar files.

Also totally missing in Bidge: Match Total Exposure. No only me, also some popular YouTube channels saying the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Roland_Rick I think that it would be best to a separate thread for Match Total Exposure, it deserves one of its own. (reference: https://youtu.be/qKUNEHchjfA?t=147 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is NOW... for a beta version: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/an-update-for-the-adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-availab...

And remember that Adobe Max is around the corner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is now Apple Silicon native as of the Bridge 2023 release this morning (no longer beta).

Bridge-2023-M1-support.jpg

It’ s probably worded wrong…it says M1 support, but there is so little difference between M1 and M2 that Bridge is likely to run fine on M2 too. They probably mean Apple Silicon support, not just M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of of Jan 30, 2023, Bridge works on the new M2 Macbook Pro  BUT  it disables GPU support.  Waiting for Adobe to support the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photodownloader in Bridge running the M2Pro chip does not work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't try that myself, because I never use it, that tool is far too slow - spechially in comparison to e.g. Photomechanic from Camerabits - and has poorest filter functions ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines