• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is cache on comupter?

Advocate ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to find this but can't now. thanks.

Is there a way to not have it stored but just one folder here there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

You should be able to see the location by going to the Bridge (Edit) Preferences>Cache

Cache location for Camera Raw is in the Camera Raw preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to see the location by going to the Bridge (Edit) Preferences>Cache

Cache location for Camera Raw is in the Camera Raw preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thanks, found it.

But question:

in Bridge, I did purge cache folder and what I saw was...Generating Previews, and exporting ... Why would I see that text after clicking Purge cache for this folder?

And later, I went to cache folder and they were not purged, they were all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever folder was selected in Bridge before the purge is still active starts to generate new previews and cache, so that's why when you to the location you still see a Cache file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost me there Jeff totally.

Unless you are trying to say the purge cache, does not get rid of the cache..???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets rid of the cache, but if in Bridge you have some pictures displaying in the Content panel, right after the cache purges, bridge starts to rebuild the cache for those pictures displayed in the Content panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry did not understand a word there. I have a folder, I click purge and next day all images I want purged are not purged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cache doesn't hold images themselves, just the previews (thumbnails), some metadata, labels, ratings, etc.

You have to manually delete images in Bridge itself or in Windows File Explorer.

Set preferences to manage and optimize the Adobe Bridge CC cache size

How to view & manage files in Adobe Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok if you want images off computer have to go hunt them down and delete? Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete the photos from within bridge, just select the photos, right click on one of the selected photos and then click Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes of course, I often delete photos best part of bridge, but the post is about the fact that just looking at sensitive private images in Bridge will leave copies elsewhere on hard drive, whether you keep or save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge can't do that, plus there are the previews and/or copies of the photos that the mac os caches.

Might be best to ask over in the apple support forums to see what they suggest about securely erasing files.

Official Apple Support Communities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff, I think delete files, go to trash empty trash.

But Bridge is unique that create huge images in cache.. so I think that covers it trash and cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines