• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I hide xmp files anymore?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Camera Raw since it's begining, and I've been using Mac OSX since the beginning. We use to have the options of never seeing the xmp files as they were automatically hidden if you choose that in preferences. Sometime in the past 6 months the xmp files are showing up and giving me headaches.  I want them. I need them. But i do not want to see them... ever. I do see that if you want them hidden, then one option is to change your raw to dng, but i don't want to do that. I want to edit my .nef in ACR.  

First question:  Why have we lost the choice of hiding them?
Second question: Why does anyone need to see them in their file directories anyway?
Third question:  Is there anyway to hide a specicific file type like .xmp on OSX?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s working fine for me on my Mac, and the same as it always has. I’m looking at a folder in Bridge right now, and the XMP files are hidden. I can make them show up by choosing View > Show Hidden Files to enable that command, and I can make them disappear again by choosing View > Show Hidden Files to disable that command.

This is in the new Bridge 2023 that was released this morning, but it was working in the 2022 version too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @NLFord ,
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • System configuration
  • Steps to reproduce.

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines