• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Bridge CC so slow?

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out a way to diagnose why Bridge CC is so slow. I regularly use programs like Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere and don't notice any kind of inapropriate lag or delays at all. However, when working in Bridge it just feels slow. Opening menus occasionally just hangs for seconds on end before dropping down. Thumnails from a gallery I've previously viewed can take upwards of 10 seconds to appear after opening the software. But the most noticeable and repeatable issue comes when trying to select more then one image files. CTR-Clicking a second (or however many additional files) can take anywhere from 5-8 seconds to happen. This, more then anything else, is making bridge unusable.

What should I do?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Hi Jas69, In my case, I followed HappyGuy's advice, but maybe a bit differenly.  My current laptop was migrated over from an older machine using the Windows migration utility.  I went into each of the folders you mention, right click and then select properties.  That will give a window that states 'Libraries', the main window will state 'Library locations:'.  In each of my folders, there were locations that pointed towards my new/current laptop, and two that pointed to my old laptop.  The correc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Hello... so I have also been experiencing some pretty substantial slowness in Bridge that "seemed" to get worse as the newer versions released, but has existed for what seems to be the last 3-4 versions. I'm on the current 2022 version on two systems, a xps 15 laptop with windows 11 and custom built PC with windows 10 pro. Both were seeing this horrible slowness in Bridge and it was to the point that I was researching other options. But I couldn't find anything that could do what Bridge can do w

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 109 Replies 109
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same symptoms and very similar setup. wondering if it has to do with the i3770k Chip? I have a almost exact setup only running a AMD bulldozer chip and no problems with slowness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it that this issue has not been resolved?  I have a machine that has almost identical specs to PhotoEye's machine, and I am also seeing the same issues.  I even tried the guest account that he suggested, Bridge ran like a clock.  But under my Win8 primary account...no such luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not resolved. Adobe has handed the blame over to Microsoft, saying that my permissions have become corrupted and to have MS walk me through fixing them. MS only supports Windows 8 for 90 days and so they want $149 to fix the problem. That's not going to happen. The most surprising part of all of this is that I cannot for the life of me find a fix for this online. It's probably the first Windows related problem I have ever had that I couldn't find a fix for online. On the bright side, I've never liked bridge and only recently started using it again to use a new extension I've installed. However, they are about to release a stand alone program so I can go back to not using Bridge at all in about 3-4 weeks .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS CC and Bridge and RAM robbery

Problem:

Open NEF file in ACR in Bridge. Proceed to open same file in PS from ACR.

Result = Use Open CL (Advanced Graphics Processor Settings) cannot be selected. Available RAM for PS significantly reduced and not adequate for smart sharpen and shake reduction routines.

However, by doing this:

Open Bridge. Open PS independently. Open NEF file in PS from ACR via Bridge.

Result = Use Open CL (Advanced Graphics Processor Settings) is selected. Available RAM for PS significantly increased and adequate for smart sharpen and shake reduction routines.

Why is Bridge behaving like this? Is there a fix?

Using - Windows 7 64 bit, 12 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just paid a fortune for a Dell M3800 with 512 GB SSD, i7 Quad, 16 GB ram and Nvidia Quadro M1100 specificaly to run PS CC and Bridge CC and I have the same problem as you all. The first thing I did was load CC and Bridge is usless. updates havent helped either. Adobe can you help please or stop billing me for CC untill it's fixed? Nvidia Quadro certified drivers, really? Microsoft, hellow, is there anybody in there? This stuff costs a crazy amount of money and it does'nt work. So is Mac with ATI graphics and Photo Mechanic going to be the future. I needed this equipment for my first paid job as a Photographer at the Australian Open Tennis, it's half way through ... Sorry to be a bit loud and negative but I am pretty distressed by the timming of this problem. I hope we all can be advised by these massive compaies of an update fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a rant, we are just users like you on this site, no Adobe or MS help.  If you have exact problem with bridge that is in this thread state that, otherwise start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted Adobe for support? This is just a user community forum. No Adobe staff here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see your point guys, sorry. I suppose I was trying to let you know there is another person with the same problem so don't feel alone but I got a little emotional and I assumed Adobe where watching. Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new computer with with Windows 8.1 and plenty of all the hardware that make Adobe CC work great. Unfortunately Bridge had the sluggish slow response that seems to be haunting many people. I read through the adobe support and forums and found a number of good places to look but nothing that outlined a working solution for me. I tried all this http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge-windows.html and nothing worked. I was facinated to find people were able to create new account and found the unresponsiveness went away. I also payed close attention to the fact that network drives might cause problems. Not being familiar enough with Windows 8.1 I looked for traditional XP network drives and found that wasn't the problem. But yesterday I realized I have "Libraries" that point to my windows 8.1 laptop and one that pointed to SkyDrive. The settings transfered to my new PC when I used the same login information from my laptop. So I went in to the libraries and removed all the links that went to my laptop and skydrive and Bridge worked perfectly as would be expected on a new PC. So check your libraries. This might also explain why some people found that a new account solved the problem.

Open the "desktop"

Open "file explorer"

Go to the "view" tab

Click on "navigation pane" in the ribbon

Select "show libraries"

Expand "Libraries" in the folder view

Check the path to every folder in the list

Right-click and choose "remove location from library" if anything points to another computer or SkyDrive

Obviously I can't say it's everyone's problem, but it worked for me. I hope it helps someone. Good luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting you success.  This is one of those things only the user can find.  It definately affects Bridge, but is not something Bridge can control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. This worked flawlessly. My only regret is that you didn't wonder in about 2 weeks ago to save me hours of trouble .

For anyone having this issue, do as he says. It worked instanstly. Bridge flies now.

Thanks again!

PS: I opened each file location and discovered there were a couple of locations that were not accecible because they no longer existed. I also found a skydrive location.

I removed them all by going into 'properties' in each of the library locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear... Do everything HappyGuy tells you to do in post 30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did mention this in post 13: Bridge polls the root folder of every drive, so if it's slow or inaccessible it will slow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!  This worked for me as well.  I had no pointers to skydrive, or any other computer, but I just removed all paths for all five options (which I assume are the Windows 8.1 defaults) and its up to the full speed that I would expect.  Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's it...brilliant! Excellent, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you HappyGuy.

I'm with you upto "check the path of every folder in the list".

I'm not sure what that means. I have 4 folders in there, Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos.

Can you advise me on this please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jas69, In my case, I followed HappyGuy's advice, but maybe a bit differenly.  My current laptop was migrated over from an older machine using the Windows migration utility.  I went into each of the folders you mention, right click and then select properties.  That will give a window that states 'Libraries', the main window will state 'Library locations:'.  In each of my folders, there were locations that pointed towards my new/current laptop, and two that pointed to my old laptop.  The correction Library locations should state something like "My Pictures (C:\Users\jprotz)".  The ones that pointed to the old laptop stated "\\DV6\Users\jprotz".  It is that second location that pointed to the old laptop that I got rid of in each case, just like HappyGuy stated.  I did that for Documents, Music, Pictures and Video.  Voila, no more problems with Bridge.

Adobe owes HappyGuy a beer, I would say 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jprotz.

I had slightly diffrent paths listed, some had 2 an some had 3. I didn't recognise the format, no C:etc,etc. So I deleated all paths. This might cause problems later when I want to synce files between systems but for now Bridge is a priority.

It worked a treat, thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!  Was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmmm, beeeer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jas69, I was a little confused by that too, but all you do is right click on each folder under libraries and select properties. Some folders will show with green checkmarks. Click on each line and select 'remove'. Do this for each one and click apply, then 'ok'. I did it for each folder - document, music etc. Then I opened bridge and it came right up!  I think Happyguy deserves more than beer!!! This fix has literally saved me countless hours in workflow AND saved me more hours searching for a solution!  Even the Adobe tech guys couldn't fix it. They said it was my computer (which was brand new....)

Happy Fixing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was having the same problem. This fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, huge thanks to you! You are God!

I had Windows re-installed recently, and as it turned out, there were some libraries that somehow synced from the previous installation (probably through Microsoft account sync, because I totally formatted the OS drive when reinstalling). Those libraries were pointing at unexisting "old" pc i.e. totally broken links.

That perfectly explains why Bridge was stuttering every now and then, it would think it's a network location that isn't available.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but i cant find any "desktop" or "File explorer" in my Bridge CC. I have all the icons to one drive and network locations but i cant seem to either right click or delete them. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Druttland in Windows explorer, not in Bridge. The libraries that are on the left "navigation pane"Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines