• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With every image in Bridge, a data file shows up on desktop. What is going on ?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS 5 Bridge,  on my I Mac, when an image is opened in Camera Raw, a data file icon appears on the desktop screen.  This just started a week ago.  These data file icons are annoying, unneeded, and there has to be a way to make this stop.  This does not happen with my Macbook Pro.  Has this happened to anyone else ?

[Moved from non-technical Forum Lounge to specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look in your Camera Raw Preferences in Bridge, it sounds like you are writing out XMP sidecar files rather than writing to the ACR database.

acr-sidecar-prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi davidl,

Could you please let us know if you are still facing this issue? If no, then please try the steps as suggested by Stephen. If yes, then please let us know so that we can mark this query as resolved.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines