• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong direction "Sort by date" in Photo Downloader

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo downloader suddenly sorts by date in the wrong direction - the oldest are displayed first. How can I change this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install updates and you should find that it has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, got the latest Update, still an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious! I and many others experienced the same issue. I updated Bridge and the problem was cured.

Are you using Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's windows, latest version of Bridge/PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after de- and reinstallation of bridge the problem persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I have no solution. I am using Windows 10 and keep this and my Adobe apps updated. For me, this problem has been resolved I.e. downloaded images are now in the correct sequence from oldest to newest. There is, to my knowledge, no setting to adjust this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I experience the same problem with the Bridge 2022 on Windows and Mac.

I have been using the Photo Downloader for many years (and Bridge versions) on my Mac. When I opened the Photo Downloader in the extended view I had the following order:

- showing the pictures of today in the order they were taken

- below the pictures from yesterday in the order they were taken

This setting is still curent on my old MacBook with Bridge 2022

Now I did a clean install of Bridge on my new PC and Mac. On both mashines I have the following sort order

- showing me all pictures in the order they were taken

The problem with that setting is, that my recently taken pictures are on the bottom of the list. Photo Downloader did not manage to reach the bottom in a reasonable time. This means I had to go to the finder to note the image file names to download them.

This is really enoying! How can I change the setting to make it work, like it does on my old MacBook (showing the last date first)?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not have been fixed. Try resetting Bridge preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted Bridge and Preferences. Reinstalled - same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then don't use the Photo Downloader. This bug has been reported numerous times. I copy files with the Finder (or Explorer, on the rare occasion that I use a standalone camera at work) so I haven't seen this myself. The Photo Downloader is buggy and should probably be either rewritten or just eliminated, IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not what I want - the photo-downloader adds the meta (copyright!) so it's handy for my workflow. Adobe should just fix it or install filters for sorting by date, name etc. This should not be that hard to program....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a script that adds metadata, renames, and so on. You can easily add metadata with templates once files are on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really enoying. On my old MacBook Air with everythings works fine with Bridge 2022 and Photo Downloader, but on my new MacBook Pro it does not work anymore.
I even tried to copy the settings from my old MacBook Air to my new MacBook Pro. No success.

Do you guys know, where all the preferences for the Photo Downloader are saved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely oldest first is the order one would require? Otherwise any sequence of images would be read backwards like reading a book from last page (newest) to first (oldest).

When I said earlier that this issue had been fixed, this was because for a short time after the "not remembering settings" issue was fixed, the image download order was changed to newest to oldest and we all complained about that. Since then it has been corrected to oldest to newest, the desired order in my opinion.

Here is the discussion about the exact opposite sort order:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/reverse-numbering-in-downloader/m-p/12603623#M3175...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The enoying thing is: When I have a lot of pictures on the SD card (which have already been downloaded to my Mac), I have to wait for all 2000 pictures for a preview picture to be rendered by the Photo Downloader, before I can access the new pictures from today.
So currently I have no option but to use the file explorer to download the files. 

If I cannot change the sorting order back to the old one I practically cannot use the Photo Downloader anymore.

Or I keep on using my 2011 MacBook Air 🙂 ... no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long-standing bug that will probably be fixed one of these days but current is a bug.

You can either download the files to the Finder/Exporer, revert to an earlier version of Bridge, or just deal with it.

Sorry, that's the options you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary,

I downloaded Bridge 2021 (PC),  now. 
But with Bridge 2021, the Photo Downloader setting are not saved ...
Adobe CC does not offer me an older version of Bridge to download.

Best regards

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I DO wish I could give you another direction, but I think the Bridge team has the fewest number of engineers and they are saddled with too much to do and not enough help to do what's necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines