• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMP files showing (and flashing) in Bridge 12.0

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Bridge 12.0, the XMP files are flashing when I move to a directory containing RAW files. The flashing eventually stops, but the XMP files are continue to be shown. "Show Hidden Files" is not selected, and selecting and unselecting, makes not difference. It must be a preference setting, but I can't find it.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in contact with Adobe support because I encounter the same issue. I have discovered that when I rename the sidecar files from .XMP to .xmp the problem disappears and everyhting is normal.

I just discovered a strange thing that might help troubleshooting this: I opened an older folder with Bridge 12, containing CR2 and .XMP files. The problem occurs: the fimstrip is flickering, flashing, blinking, or how you would call it. I close Bridge 12 and open Bridge 11 to view the same folder. Everything looks normal. Then I close Bridge 11 and open Bridge 12 again, to look at that same folder. Everything looks normal!

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem. I'm on version 12.0.0.234.  The problem happens in any folder that contains .arw and .xmp files.  I'm willing to provide any info that is required to determine the cause. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saw your post and did the same, seems to have stopped the problem.  Luckily most of my files were lower case.

Note I did not say solved the problem since I don't consider this really a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version of Bridge was released (12.0.1)

Apparently, the flickreing was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v.12.0.1.246

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New update fixed mine also. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem is now fixed. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines