• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge and sharepoint integration.

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way that Adobe Bridge can integrate directly with Sharepoint Online? Currently, we have mapped a network drive to sharepoint online and point AB to the mapped drive. The connection between AB the mapped drive is intermittent and causes connectivity issues and we have to log into Sharepoint Online and 'Open with File Explorer' to reestablish to connection.

Is there a way to integrate AB directly with Sharepoint online?

Thanks  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

No. Bridge does not support any cloud services or sharing except its own Adobe Libraries. You cannot reliably use Sharepoint in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Bridge does not support any cloud services or sharing except its own Adobe Libraries. You cannot reliably use Sharepoint in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Sharepoint for 3 years alongside adobe bridge and finder. I load all the files in finder but navigating Sharepoint in bridge is not a problem. I make sure to block Adobe Bridge from automatically downloading from OneDrive. Downloading, synching etc is a problem but that's something i excepted almost instantly and instead do via finder, the point is Adobe Bridge is perfectly fine to use and highly reliable at navigating and displaying items in share-point directories.

Navigating share-point folders in bridge is more reliable than navigating a server based directory i.e non-local drives (In my experience). I understand that we aren't technically even meant to be using Bridge to navigate server based directories and only use it locally. in the past we had no end of problems when working with a windows server, that all stopped when we moved over to Sharepoint.ʉ۬

It is only now that one of my team members has encountered an issue, which in three years is not bad. But any response or post i make regarding a request for help on a fix for this issue will be written off and I'll be forwarded to your answer and no fixes will be found. Adobe Bridge can be unreliable when used to navigate a set of directories on a network but I'm not about to write bridge off.

I think, "You cannot reliably use Sharepoint in Bridge", could do with being a little less broad brush and more specific. I noticed your answer has been quoted elsewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cloud services have specific APIs to update your file listing before doing any work. Let's say someone else uploads a newer version of a file to Sharepoint while you are looking at it in Bridge. You would not see the new file upload without manually refreshing (outside Bridge) the folder. If an app is written to support cloud services, each time you work with data on the network, that app refreshes the view. There are also file locking APIs so files don't get corrupted.

So yes, you may be able to access a shared drive but sooner or later its not going to work correctly. You could have sync issues or two people working on a file at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to sync all of my SharePoint sites, One Drive, and Adobe CC to be visible in Bridge. Open SharePoint site. Go to Documents on the left-hand side. Then click the sync icon across the top. Two windows will pop-up. One will ask you to sync your OneDrive.  The other will create a synced folder on your Finder window.

I am on Mac, so when you open Bridge, on the left-hand side navigate to User. Under here you will see your OneDrive folder, or creative cloud folder, and your synced folder. If you have more than one SharePoint site you should see those folders inside the synced folder. 

One thing to note is that even though it recognizes the SharePoint folders it only recognizes images in Image Library under site content. It does not recognize any images in document libraries. Bummer. Hopefully, they will fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines