• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2018 freeze

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me? Bridge 2018 freezes before I even finishing arranging the workspace. Did it multiple times. Unusable. 2015 MacBook Pro, Sierra. Bridge 2017 runs fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 15 October 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.0.204. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

Please check the following link to know about all new features in Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the originator of this discussion, I want to thank Mr Seth for letting us know about this update.  It does indeed work.

My question now is why does Adobe make it so hard for its monthly paying customers to contact Adobe when there is a legitimate problem.  It got to the point that I reinstalled Bridge 2017 and went along with my photography.

But == thanks to Adobe for fixing the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam,

Same procedure here ... iMac 2015, High Sierra.

Start Bridge 2018 in a directory with only a few files all runs fine. But try to open my photo archive ... no way!

Bridge 2018 freezes, now I use Bridge 2017 and ... NO problem - runs fine!

I changed also the filesystem from APFS back to HFS+, it was not the cause. Bridge 2018  freezes.

Thanks, Cornelius.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam,

same problem me too.

The procedure suggested doesn't work...

MacBook Pro Mid 2014 with Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  working on an Mac with Sierra, 10.12.6.

Bridge 2018 freezes when I try to open any folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. 2017 worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Bridge also freezes.  I tried to reset by applying Cammand, Option, Shift. But no Reset settings box appears…nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to hit Command/Option/Shift very quickly. Also, if you are getting the "transfer preferences" pop-up, dismiss it with don't show  again checked then relaunch and try Command/Option/Shift.

That said, I don't think it will help. Waiting a bit seems to but that still indicates a problem building the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

OK. We have all tried EVERYTHING and nothing works.

BRIDGE KEEPS FREEZING!!!! I can't get anything done.

What is ADOBE or APPLE or BOTH OF YOU going to do about it. QUICKLY PLEASE!!!!!

I am a subscription user and NEED this stuff to work. I pay you a bunch of money. For SOFTWARE . . . That should WORK.

It doesn't and I'm STILL PAYING YOU.

It always has before. Before I just updated all your apps as you requested I do.

I also updated to High Sierra. So maybe it's an APPLE problem. BUT it's your app that's crashing.

SO FIX IT. TELL US WHEN IT WILL BE WORKING.

PLEASE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  i have jobs backing up because Adobe wants us to be the beta testers.  We pay to get crap.  I really have no time for Adobe to get their head out of their behinds.  Adobe’s competition should take advantage of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great try but no go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work!!! We need help now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gautam,

Just chiming in that I've had this same issue and am now temporarily resolving it by reverting back to CC2017.

I hope this is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work for me at all. Three iMacs and MacBook Pro. I have never had an Adobe posted solution work.

Very frustrated and cannot work properly at my job. Costing me time and money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there ... exact same problem here.  Using Mac Pro mid 2010 12 core 32GB Ram

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please let us know the size of the folder you are trying to explore in bridge.If the file size is large ensure to use Prefer Embedded Option in preview panel. Still you are facing the issue please list down the steps .

Also meanwhile you can try the steps mentioned in this help page

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Avinash thanks for the reply.

I was trying to work on a folder that had 7 GB of Tif files but weirdly it worked fine when I navigated to a folder with 12 GB of Tiffs.  Will check this out and see if I can replicate it anywhere.  I tried resetting prefs as mentioned earlier but I'll have a look at that link above now.  Lots more to do I see.

Ros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Froze again .... this time to a folder with subfolders. Can't do any work on it and am going to revert to my CS5 copy if it still launches with the current OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Avinash, thank you.

I was trying to work on a folder that has 140 GB of JPG/RAW files but when I navigated to a subfolder with for example 2 GB of files Bridge 2018 show a message "building criterium" and no action is possible.

After 10 Minutes you can work in this folder and now I navigated to another subfolder its alright.

When I restart Bridge 2018 the procedure is the same. Bridge 2017 with same condition has NO problem and works fast!

I have no additional software running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folder is a 215GB top level folder with mixture of TIFF, JPEG, PDF, XLS, DOC, TXT, files and a number of sub folders filled with NEF, CR2, TIFF, etc.

Always high quality is checked as it is for Bridge 2017 which has no problem navigating the same folder and subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, nothing works from this....you sell us an unusable Application!!! We need that application and we pay for it so don't bother us with stupid ideas fix the app and send us an update!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Avinash Kumar Singh,

a few weeks ago I sent you some screenshots and logfiles because of the problem that Bridge 2018 freezes. There have been updates from Photoshop and Lightroom, but not from Bridge 2018. What's up, Brigde 2018 on MacOS still can not be used while Bridge 2017 is working properly.

Please check this urgently on MAC (HighSierra)!

Best regards,

Cornelius Horst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the 2015 version of Bridge & all is well for the moment. Progress!

(Mac High Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have problems with Bridge 2017?  My copy works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - point it at a folder with a video file in & it just froze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mwellan

The problem is with Bridge 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge is a great piece of software tbut, for me, has always been the most buggy thing Adobe produces. The 2018 version just failed to work. I tried going back to 2017 version but the 2015 version seems to work the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines