• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2020 - Workspace not saving (WITH VIDEO showing problem)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen quite a few questions on this, but none of them have remedied my situation, and there are many of the similar question sitting out there without answers.. I've reset my preferences. Cleared all caches. Uninstalled & re-installed bridge (both 2020/21 and 2019).

Like many others, I want to customize my Bridge workspace - here are the steps I take.

• Open Bridge
  • Click "Metadata" workspace
  • Turn off each of these columns by right-clicking on column name and clicking "Close Column"
  • Arange the widths of remaining columns
  • Click "Window" --> "Workspace" --> "New Workspace" --> and give it a name.
  • It shows up on the top with the rest of the workspaces like it should... BUT, all the columns I closed show back up on the right side....

The reason I want them gone is I do a lot of my culling on my MacBookPro and use the touch-pad for scrolling - when ALL of the collumns are there, the screen also scrolls left and right as it wants to since its near impossible to scroll up and down PERFECTLY straight with a touch-pad. When this happens, I lose visibility of the columsn I want because it goes over to the colums I supposedly closed.  I've uploaded a video to YouTube to show what I'm explaining as clearly as possible to eliminate any questions of "did he mean this???" (also attached the original screen recording just incase the youtube link gets stripped).

Adobe Bridge 2021 Workspace Problems

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing your Bridge preferences and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's part of what I said I did in the original message - i accomplished that prior to uninstalling & reinstalling because clearing the preferences did not fix the problem. There were also many many reboots in the entire process as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jcauthen78 ,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. We’ve added this to our engineering issue pipeline.

Regards,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the focus. hopefully it's somethig repeatable by your team for easier troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kukurykus

I don't really wish to 'hijack' this post but I don't know how to escalate a serious 'long term' problem with Adobe bridge. It will NOT read CFexpress cards; this is an issue for me with a Canon R5 and must be as frustrating for others with Sony and Nikon cameras that use CFexpress cards. All/most of the users report that computers see the card directly in either explorer or mac Finder but that Adobe bridge does not. This renders the product (Adobe bridge) useless and up to now Adobe has said that it is a San Disk problem but it is NOT, as I also have ON1  v 2021.5 which sees the CFexpress card perfectly; so can this be escalated URGENTLY please as this affects both windows and mac users.

Many thanks

Yours sincerely

Andrew Stevens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines