• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Subfolders Option in Photo Downloader Using File Modified Date?!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Adobe Bridge CC 2018 / Photo Downloader with the Create Subfolders option to download and sort images from an iPhone 6+.  Unfortunately, it appears that Bridge references the image files' modification dates rather than creation dates to determine the "shot date."  No thanks to Apple, image modification dates are unreliable - they change intermittently and without warning - so my downloaded photos are totally disorganized.

Is there a fix for this?  Similar issues have been discussed before, but I haven't seen a solution.

On a side note, are there any utilities that can undo the damage created by this issue?  I need to re-verify that my images are in proper subfolders, in accordance with the File Created metadata.  I don't know how long this has been going on - maybe years.  I've been using Bridge since CS2 and just noticed the trouble in CS6 recently.  Upgraded to CC - same thing.  What a mess.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  Further investigation reveals that File Creation and File Modification times are both unreliable on my iPhone 6+.  I'm looking at a batch of photos taken on the same day where some have properly matching creation and modification timestamps, whereas others have a modification timestamp of today (when the images were downloaded via Bridge), and - here's where it gets weird - others have modification timestamps that are correct while the creation timestamp is a day later.  That's right, my iPhone thinks some of its images were created after they were modified.  Ugh.

Nonetheless, there appear to be images that were imported by Bridge according to the modification timestamp, but I confess this is looking more and more like a 100% Apple problem.

Any input is still appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a solution to your problem.  I have exactly the same issue currently, with both Bridge CS6 and CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines