• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix the color/saturation difference between Bridge previews and Photoshop images?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Bridge was supposed to handle the color profile used for all the Adobe family, but when I preview files on Bridge, I have a big shift in color/saturation which is making it really annoying to use (and I don't want to check my files using Photos on Windows for instance even if that one is giving me more accurate colors).

Why? I am missing something? I've checked on (old) discussions started about that with no answers, so I decided to start a new topic when I came across this example today which is pretty striking and embarrassing (left and right are the same image - source file in PSD is also a JPEG so no risk of quality loss when saving in final JPEG):

Saturation-Color-prb-Bridge-vs-Photoshop.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

I’m not sure if it is file/setting related or not anymore, perhaps change your monitor profile to another and or recreate it to see if this has an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide an uncropped screenshot, showing the image profile in Photoshop and in Bridge. In this case one image is PSD and the other is JPG, so they probably have different colour profiles.

What can also confuse the issue is the preference under file handling “EXIF (colour) Profile Tag” option for images without an ICC profile. This setting exists in Photoshop but does not exist in Bridge which can lead to some confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your answer. You'll find below the same JPG opened in Photoshop on the left and in Bridge on the right. You'll see that we have the same issue here:

PS-Bridge-colors-difference.JPG

Here also are the color settings in Photoshop:

Color settings -PS.JPG

And here in Bridge:

Color settings -Bridge.JPG

What I don't get is that it looks like Bridge is automatically converting all our files (whatever the format) to a different color profile than the original one with more saturated colors. Even Windows Photo doesn't do that and get more accurate colors, which is quite annoying as I find otherwise Bridge so useful for previewing and checking files... Here is Windows Photo with the same picture for example:

Windows-Photos.JPG

So how to make sure that Bridge isn't giving these extra saturated previews?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly the key info is missing.

The Photoshop image does not show the ICC profile.

Plus File handling prefs would be helpful. Try turning this setting on and off and see what the result is in Bridge vs. Photoshop each time.

Nor does the Bridge image show the ICC or the same image in Photoshop.

Profile.png

EXIF.png

Meta.png

hash.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer. So I did what you suggested here with no changes... My problem, anyway, isn't on Photoshop which seems to render the true colors but on Bridge.

So here is the Photoshop view with the information you mentioned and below the Bridge Metadata one.

File Handling.JPG

Meta.JPG

Also, I've saved the JPEG after deactivating the EXIF option as you mentioned. With no visible changes:

After Exif Bridge.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not sure if it is file/setting related or not anymore, perhaps change your monitor profile to another and or recreate it to see if this has an effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you're right, I think the culprit is more about the monitor profile or something like this. I'm using a laptop with an external monitor (all the print-screens shared above were taken from the monitor) with a Spyder calibration. Could it affect Bridge? but why would it be doing something different on Bridge than on PS?

But I tried yesterday to put the Spyder Calibration Off with no visible changes.

Now, if I check on my laptop only (but with a very limited quality compare to external monitor), I don't see any differences on the image opened in PS and Bridge.

So how to make sure Bridge is using the same monitor colors than PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one more thing I just found out yesterday. When using Liquify on PS, I have the same thing happening. The colors of the file (sRGB) are changing (the same way that they would change in Bridge) in the preview window of the Liquify tool.

I wanted to put Print-screens of this now. But I'm strangely not able to replicate this, now Liquify is giving me the same true sRGB colors that I have in PS. Which wasn't the case yesterday... why? (but for Bridge, it's always the case, no differences)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here.... i have this problem for 2 years!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, sorry: this is NOT the Correct Answer by any means. When the difference between a Preview image and a Camera Raw image is obvious on a single display, the profile of that display is irrelevant; the lower saturation, for example, of the Bridge Preview file as seen adjacent to the same file displayed in Camera Raw is lower regardless of how the monitor is configured relative to color space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines