• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sorting metadata templets

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Bridge CC2018, my metadata templets within Adobe Bridge do not sort properly anymore but are listed at random (tools - attach metadata). Where / how can I sort the templets within this Adobe Bridge window? When I change to the folder, where the templets are stored, they are nicely in alphabetical and numerical order, so this is not the source of the problem. I am working on Mac pro touch 13" 2017.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 15 October 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.0.204. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This version has fixed the metadata template sorting issue.

Please check the following link to know about all new features in Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Offhand, all I can think of is to quit Bridge and move the templates to another folder, then restart Bridge and re-import the templates. I just tested in CC2018 and it appears to work, although added in non-alphabetical order, they are displayed in Bridge in alphabetical sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Stephen,

unfortunately, the problem stays exactly the same, even after reimporting first all templets at once, in a second try in alphabetical order one by one. I think I have a wrong "sort by" somewhere, but I cannont find where I can influence this within the metadate-templet window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge CC 2018 v8.0.1.282   I have the exact same problem with my Metadata Templates completely scrambled, even though when I view them in the Template Folder they are in perfect alphabetical order.  And, I have almost 200 custom templates I use frequently, so this is a pain.  On top of that Bridge 2018 no longer supports the creation of Web Galleries. My perspective with the 2018 update is that so far it has been a huge step backwards.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Mark Weidman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this annoying issue?  And, what do you mean by "reimporting templates"?  Is there a way to "import" templates rather than simply created them from scratch, then save them as Metadata Templates?   Mark Weidman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affected users should note their exact Bridge version and build, and most importantly their exact OS version and build (as this appears to be specific to certain users, not all).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on Bridge 8.0.1.282, MacOS Version 10.13.2 (17C205), and I keep my programs updated all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As noted previously; Adobe Bridge CC 2018 v8.0.1.282, and Apple OSX High Sierra v10.13.3.  Hoping for some help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mark and Karin,

The constant appears to be High Sierra (in this and many other topic threads for various apps).

All good on Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Bridge CC 2018 v8.0.1.282, and Apple OSX High Sierra v10.13.3.  Still hoping for some help.  I have a couple hundred custom metadata templates and since they are no longer in alphabetical order it takes way too much time to locate a specific template.  I went back to Bridge 2017 and found the m. templates in it are now jumbled; even though they were not so when I updated to Bridge 2018.  Has anyone contacted Adobe about this yet?  Dang!   Mark W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a clue to this problem?  I upgraded to both OSX High Sierra v10.13.3 on both an Apple Mac Pro and on an Apple iMac.  My Adobe Bridge Metadata Templates are, as they should be, in alphabetical order on the iMac.  But on the Mac Pro (my main work station) the Templates are randomly scrambled.      Adobe Bridge CC 2018 v8.0.1.282     Mark W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent an hour on the phone with Adobe tech support last week, waited for a call-back from a senior tech that never came, then called and spent another hour on the phone today.  Bottom line is the metadata template issue is a known problem, though random, with Bridge 2018 and Apple Mac High Sierra.  The tech with whom I spoke today made it a "priority bug" for the Adobe engineers and he said it would be fixed in the next Bridge update, which could take as much as a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolution to this frustrating and time consuming problem.  I am an unhappy & frustrated long time Adobe customer.  Adobe Tech, are you  guys listening?  PLEASE provide an update with a FIX soon!   Thanks.  Mark W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time goes by, time I loose to this Bridge bug, and no resolution in sight.  Mark W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really strenuous. I thorouhgly hope that Adobe will be able to solve this problem very soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A frustrating glitch which just cheapens the user the experience really and I am pretty surprised something so basic and quite necessary is still not addressed half a year or more later and also note Adobe are not bothering to keep anyone updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, today I got the alert for an Adobe Bridge Update.  I hoped that Adobe would stand behind their promise and fix the problem with metadata templates being scrambled.  But, sadly, NO - NO FIX.  I also see that Adobe removed my most current post to this forum, which included the note that I have written to FIVE (5) letters, all sent via FedEx, to Mr. Shantanu Narayen, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Adobe, expressing my concern about this issue.  In that post I also suggested other frustrated customers write to Mr. Narayen at the following:

Mr. Shantanu Narayen

Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer

Adobe Systems, Incorporated

345 Park Ave.

San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Mark Weidman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disgusted with Adobe and that lack of support on this.  I have been promised TWICE (2) by Adobe engineers this problem would be resolved.  It has now been over five months.  I just wrote my sixth letter to Adobe CEO Mr. Narayen and strongly encourage the rest of you dissatisfied Customers to do the same.  If anyone has suggestions for an alternative software to Bridge I am more than ready to abandon ship.   Thank you.  Mark Weidman

Mr. Shantanu Narayen

Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer

Adobe Systems, Incorporated

345 Park Ave.

San Jose, CA 95110-2704

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2019) on 15 October 2018. The new version build number is 9.0.0.204. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This version has fixed the metadata template sorting issue.

Please check the following link to know about all new features in Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/whats-new.html

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a shame the metadata is still not in alphabetical order after all this time and now despite using PS 2019 it is still broken. The annoying pop up box is driving me mad too I just need to disable it and make it go away. I'm at a stage of frustration where I'm thinking of dropping subscription and trying PS Elements just so that I can have some control myself over what to expect when I switch on my computer and open PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simondo9​,

The metadata sorting issue for Bridge has been fixed in CC 2019 version.

If you are seeing the issue, please post a screenshot of issue and version information.

If you are seeing with Photoshop, please post on PS forum page.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 14.49.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, we will add this as a bug for future release.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent hours trying to solve the same issue in Photoshop when I came across this 2 year-old thread. I'm working on Photoshop 2020 and am having the exact problem and can't find anything that points to a solution! And as someone else said in this thread, having hundreds of metadata files in random order REALLY screws up my workflow and kills my user experience! Trying to hunt through over 500 randomly listed file names from a pull-down menu is enough to make me punch a wall.....😡 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on remedies. I've had this extremely frustrating issue for years now. I have a decent iMac and all software and OS is the very latest - still have this issue. Costing me hours of wasted workflow time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines