• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super buggy 'move' function in Bridge. Why is it still there?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of horrible experience while using the 'move' files function (which is coping the files to another location delete the originals) I want to share. I once abruptly canceled the moving action in the progress as I realized I had chosen a wrong destination. Usually on other applications you would be either recieved a warning or the unfinishing moved files would be retained in the original location. However in Bridge the moving action is stopped after hitting the cancel buttoon, the file has been disappeared for good. Can't be found anymore. No warning or message.

Another occasion is that I used the shortcut of the recent locations of moving files. However folders in unmounted disks are still shown there which means those folders are 'phantom' folders. I accidentally picked those 'phantom' folders but still Bridge allowed me to proceed the move action. And the files are never been found again.

What a lousy written app. Maybe one of the worst written applications I have ever met. The reason I still stick to Bridge is that this maybe the only DAM supporting .PSB files. And it OCCASIONALLY damages large, multi-layered .PSB files. (I'll write another post on this.) If there is a DAM supporting .PSB I'll jump ship without a single thought.

In the meantime I can only use copy and delete the originals manually. (Photo Mechanic runs like butter on this acaasion) I urge Adobe kills the 'move' function right away as this is a trap to kill photographers' precious files. 

Feel free to share your experince and advice. Thanks

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed the Move Command in Bridge leaves files behind in the original location.  This has been happening swince before the latest version.  It should have been fixed before rolling out the latest release.,  In fact lots of bugs should have bveen fixed before rolling out the next release.  We all seem to be Adobe's beta-testers.  Deleting files also sometimes leaves files undeleted.  Adobe must have outsourced development to the monkeys who no longer have typewriters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen that issue on the 4 machines I have running here.

I am going to suggest you either un-install Bridge and reinstall or try clearing your Bridge preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have multiple Macs with different version of Mac OS. The Bridge in all of them show the same anormality on 'move' action. It mostly happens in moving large files, while the action is canceled during the progress. Occationally even the moving is finished the files can't be found in the destination folders and the ones in the origonal folders were gone already. However the 'copy' action is normal. Reinstallations and clearing preferences makes no difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines