• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Aero not displaying images in some installs of Aero

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second post - first was marked as spam. Briefly, sysadmin at a university. Aero on some lab machines will not display an imported image, just a placeholder frame with position controls. On our office machines we can create a file with an image (jpg, png) and it works fine. On the lab machines this image won't display in edit or preview, but does when viewing through the shared QR code.

Windows 10 (Active Directory bound), Aero version 0.18.4(#243). Graphics card (functioning) Geforce GTX1060, (non-functioning) Geforce 730. I did update graphics drivers, uninstall and reinstall, including removing both Aero folders under appdata\roaming.

Attachments show file on phone, but missing image in Aero.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, will try to be as specific as possible. I am a sysadmin at a University. We have lab device licenses of CC running in computer labs (Windows 10, Active Directory logins).

On my (and the faculty who is teaching the course using Aero) office desktop machines, also Active Directory bound, Aero (version 0.18.4 (#243) seems to be working ok. The bug in question is that when we import an image (jpg or png) in the lab machines, the image does not display. The object is in the scene and selectable, but the image does not show in the editor or preview modes. It DOES show when we share, create link, and open the QR codes on the phone. 

The display is 1920x1080. The video cards are Nvidia GeForce 730.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver on the lab machine, uninstalled and reinstalled Aero, including deleting the preferences folders in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe - both Adobe Aero and Aero folders - before reinstalling.

Files containing images that do display created on my office machine (GeForce GTX 1060, if this is relevant) will open on lab machines, but not display the image in edit or preview mode. I am not an Aero expert - acting as support here - but I can't find any preference or setting that would cause the images to be invisible.

(The images are samples from the Photoshop Classroom in a Book series - what I had handy!)

Attached are two rough images - the image displaying properly on my phone with the QR code, and a shot of the image being invisible in the Aero app. Help appreciated, the faculty member is trying to use this as a class project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me replying to myself. Just realized the cards in the lab machines don't meet the base requirements of a 1060 - they're smallish 730s (lab budgets are tight!) However, we successfully ran a class in there with Aero last spring on an older version. Did the graphics hardware requirements and/or tests for such increase significantly recently? 

I'm going to try installing an older version from the CC app on my 1060 machine and the lab machine and test 1060->lab machine to see if that sheds light on our situation. Insight would be appreciated though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to use Aero assets, 3D objects - airplane, animated 3D characters. I can see the character animate and can control it. However, when I import my own assess (e.g., PNG) I can't see them - I only see a frame around the object - see picture below.  This happens on all assest I import. 

gibbsDuq_0-1666304723254.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @twist0105 , so yes, we did bum the desktop requirements for the latest release to a minimum of Nvidia 1060(for windows) last week: https://helpx.adobe.com/aero/system-requirements-macos-windows.html If I can offer any further assistance in any way, please let me know of feel free to PM me, our education users are important to us and I want to find you a solution if possible. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark, by chance, do you have suggestions for how we can proceed.  We currently have multiple courses impacted by this issue.  Please let us know.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markhellar 
I've also same issue..

My System Configuration:

1. Intel i5 8th Gen Processor
  2. NVIDIA Geoforce 940mx Graphic Card
  3. 16GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! I am having similar issue. My Png file does not display in the viewport( despite the visibility turned on in the scene menu) 

How can i resolve this? does the png need to have a specific file size? 

My project is very sScreenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.45.22 pm.pngmall and it shouldn't  require much ram but in any case does the GPU computing of a computer make a difference and potentially solve this issue?  ( I am using adobe beta aero on my 2020 M1 8gb Mac) 

I am on  2020 mac with M1 chip 8 Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate