• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent Font Sizes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a K-12 teacher and I use Adobe Express with my intro-level students. My school has paid for access to the full Adobe suite for years. One of the things I teach my intro students is how to choose the correct font size for printed projects. I have typesetter rulers and example posters around the room, and have been doing this job for many years. I know what a size 80 font is supposed to look like versus a size 24 font.

Ever since the new update, the font sizes in the new Adobe Express have just been really off. It's completely confused my students and frustrated me. It's not just my device/account; I know because it is happening on my student's devices/accounts as well. We are using the full web versions, not a mobile app. I'll include a couple photos below as examples:

I set up this file in Adobe Express as 11" wide and 8.5" tall, using Abril Fatface size 50. 

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.45.47 AM.png

Based on my prior knowledge and experience, that does not look like a size 50 point size at all. Something is seriously wrong. To confirm this, I set up the same parameters in Google Docs: same page size, font, and font size, and it looks like this:

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.45.56 AM.png

As you can see here, the font at size 50 is much larger. This is what I would expect from Abril Fatface at size 50. And just in case you still don't believe me, I repeated the same experiment in Adobe Illustrator. 

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.58.02 AM.png

Abril Fatface at size 50 on an 11" by 8.5" document should be large enough to take up two rows in a text box. But, in Adobe Express it's very tiny. I tried to do a visual comparison and determined that Abril Fatface size 50 in Adobe Express is actually more like size 12 in Adobe Illustrator. 

This issue is happening with all fonts & typefaces, not just Abril Fatface. I just used that as an example since it was available in Adobe and Google Docs. 

Because of this bug, my students are getting really confused and I'm not able to really use Adobe Express correctly, which again my school district pays for. What is causing this? How do we fix it?

Extra Technical Details: My students use small macbooks. Some are new M1 machines and others are a bit older. I'm experiencing this issue on my 16" 2019 Macbook Pro, running Ventura 13.1. We are using the web version of Adobe Express on Google Chrome version 117.0.5938.92. I got the same issue on my home PC using Windows 11 and Google Chrome. I tried to test it out in Safari on my Macbook Pro, but Express was so slow/unable to load that I couldn't even attempt it. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Desktop Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we can confirm that our team has discovered a mismatch between document units and font units, resulting in text being displayed smaller than anticipated. Specifically, text assumes a point size of 1/72inch, while the default letter-sized Express document assumes a point size of 1/300inch.

While our development team is actively working to resolve this issue, we understand the importance of providing you with a solution in the interim. As a te

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company pays for Adobe Creative Cloud and we are seeing the same inconsistent fonts. Documents that have size 28 font in Adobe Express are size 6 font in reality. What is going on? This is extremely frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we can confirm that our team has discovered a mismatch between document units and font units, resulting in text being displayed smaller than anticipated. Specifically, text assumes a point size of 1/72inch, while the default letter-sized Express document assumes a point size of 1/300inch.

While our development team is actively working to resolve this issue, we understand the importance of providing you with a solution in the interim. As a temporary “workaround”, we recommend creating pages with pixel dimensions that align with the 1/72inch density. For instance, for an 11x8.5inch document, we suggest using the dimensions of 792x612.

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work diligently to address this matter in an upcoming release. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's funny how we have all this crazy AI stuff now and even crazier stuff in the works, but something as simple as correct font size is totally off (and still hasn't been fixed more than a month after these posts below were written).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the status on this? I've got two text boxes - both have same font, same size (38) and same line spacing but the actual size looks bigger in the one box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue uncovered whilsts working across a project. Very frustrating, as the project was about to be submitted but did a print first to check the rendering and it was way too small. What is the ETA on this fix being released please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted October 01, 2023. Mih C. confirmed there was a problem and said the development team was working to fix it. That was October 11, 2023. It is now May 14, 2024 and I am having the same issue. This is unacceptable. Typical Adobe garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same in the iPod app. Trying to format fonts is a nightmare and that whole program is made for sizing fonts. Adobe, what the heck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had completely forgotten about paper size and fonts, putting an 11 point font on an A4 was very confusing, I see the publication date is October 2023 and to this day it is still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2024 Aug 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost a year and still this issue hasn't been fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"While our development team is actively working to resolve this issue, we understand the importance of providing you with a solution in the interim. As a temporary “workaround”, we recommend creating pages with pixel dimensions that align with the 1/72inch density. For instance, for an 11x8.5inch document, we suggest using the dimensions of 792x612." How will this affect the print resolution of the document? Will it still print at 300dpi? 

Votes

Translate

Translate